H115i + i7 9700k improper installation?

Go to solution Solved by CosminRotaru,

I will try to reassemble it tomorrow and put some extra thermal paste after I get the 2080 . Hope for the best. Never did it before.

SORTED!

Even though it looked ok, I wiped the old one using paper napkin soaked in isopropyl alcohol and applied some Arctic MX4 and it still works :D 

2019-04-06.png

Hello!

Have a look on this stress test screenshot...

The temperature read is per second and the thermal paste is the factory one that comes on the radiator/pump.

Is the CPU temperature rise normal? Isn't it too fast? 

I'm afraid I did not do a good job when I installed it on my CPU. I did it with the motherboard installed on the case and it was a bit tight there.

stabilitytest.png

so, yes... I guess I have my answer already. something is really wrong there. 

Probably I need to replace the thermal paste. What is your advice here? Is it better with everything out of the case? I am afraid I might smash it with the radiator. 

2019-04-05.png

Your title is amiss, i7 9700k or i9 9900k?

A reinstallation of the cooler may not be so bad, you might have bad mounting pressure.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I will try to reassemble it tomorrow and put some extra thermal paste after I get the 2080 . Hope for the best. Never did it before.

SORTED!

Even though it looked ok, I wiped the old one using paper napkin soaked in isopropyl alcohol and applied some Arctic MX4 and it still works :D 

2019-04-06.png

I've found (in the past when using AIO's - H115i & Kraken X62) that I needed to place 1 or 2 appropriately sized nylon washers under the stand offs on the cooler's back plate (between the motherboard and the back plate on each of the 4 stand offs) to ensure I could get enough pressure when screwing down the cooler. the solution was necessary this with both Corsair and NZXT CLC's in my case and I assume with any other CLC that utilises an Asetek pump. It's either that or shorten the cooler's bolts so they don't bottom out before the cold plate is firm on the CPU (the washer solution is much easier).

I had a thought about this, but, to be honest, I was afraid to do more investigation due to tight space and the value of the parts.  That is the only I can find for my issue.

I will keep that in mind for the next occasion.

Thanks!