Weird audio lag

Madster

SO I have a focusrite 2i2 hooked up to two Yamaha HS7's.. I have had them for about a year but just recently they started having this weird audio lag issue. If I unplug the 2i2, the audio is fine and within about 5 minutes it goes back to the weird part, sometimes it comes back to normal, sometimes it just completely cuts audio.

Any ideas? The first part of this video you can hear it glitching out, then its fixed after a replug.

2 minutes ago, Madster said:

SO I have a focusrite 2i2 hooked up to two Yamaha HS7's.. I have had them for about a year but just recently they started having this weird audio lag issue. If I unplug the 2i2, the audio is fine and within about 5 minutes it goes back to the weird part, sometimes it comes back to normal, sometimes the audio fixes itself.

Any ideas? The first part of this video you can hear it glitching out, then its fixed after a replug.

If you can, plug the yamaha's (great choice btw) directly into the pc, if its the 2i2 causing issues, then i would try to RMA it.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

If you can, plug the yamaha's (great choice btw) directly into the pc, if its the 2i2 causing issues, then i would try to RMA it.

well the issue I have with that is 1, they are XLR so I dont have a way to plug them in unless I went with an adapter, which i would rather not do as I do some music production( forgive me for the POOR placement of the monitors, I'm moving to a new house in july and that is on my list of things to fix.)

Secondly, the audio card on my mobo isnt the greatest, hence getting the 2i2.

14 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

So update:

I was looking through some of the settings for the 2i2, and it said the drivers were fully up to date, but in the log it said there was a driver update request from 1/1/19. I went ahead and redownloaded the drivers from their website and all seems to be good. Just listened to Linus's new Installing a CPU video and no issues at all!

19 hours ago, Madster said:

So update:

I was looking through some of the settings for the 2i2, and it said the drivers were fully up to date, but in the log it said there was a driver update request from 1/1/19. I went ahead and redownloaded the drivers from their website and all seems to be good. Just listened to Linus's new Installing a CPU video and no issues at all!

Was going to suggest drivers next lol... and im stupid for not thinking that STUDIO monitors have xlr in... sorry for not being very helpful lol

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)