About ram prices...

So the ram prices are going down, 8gb of ddr4 went down from 60$ to 45$ , and 16 gb went down from 118 to 84 gb(prices are in my country)

I am in the process of buying parts for my new pc each month, and i planned to keep the ram till the end cause i knew it was gonna become cheaper, BUT the question is will the prices go down even more???

How long should i wait before the prices go back up? i still got to get a case and a psu , so should i get those and wait more for the ram???

i don`t want to wait too long and the prices go back up.

also should i get 2 x16gb if they become even cheaper??? i know they might be a bit useless but better get them while they are cheap,am i right????

Thnx for ur time!!

There is no point buying 32gb of RAM unless you need it -- even if it goes up again, it will eventually (within a year or two) come back down. So no, I wouldn't just buy extra right now because it happens to be cheap.

On a related note, you really shouldn't buy parts little by little -- unless you come across some amazing deal. The case and PSU are really the only components worth buying in advance as everything else will usually end up cheaper or replaced by something newer/better.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

There is no point buying 32gb of RAM unless you need it -- even if it goes up again, it will eventually (within a year or two) come back down. So no, I wouldn't just buy extra right now because it happens to be cheap.

On a related note, you really shouldn't buy parts little by little -- unless you come across some amazing deal. The case and PSU are really the only components worth buying in advance as everything else will usually end up cheaper or replaced by something newer/better.

Thing is parts are going out of stock fast here(there is a major increase of pc gamers here,consoles were dominant,i was of the rare few who played on pc lol)

and the plan i set takes 4~5 month, and according to my research no cpu or mobo that i am interested in will launch ? , 

but i still wonder, will the ram prices drop further?? 

24 minutes ago, Goliath_1911 said:

but i still wonder, will the ram prices drop further?? 

Every product naturally will decline in price, that's how the product life cycle works. I wouldn't recommend you continue waiting, since then you'll question again if they continue to drop, therefor you'll be stuck forever in a loop waiting for RAM prices to drop potentially even further.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches