Nvidia driver problem

Niconsky
Go to solution Solved by Niconsky,

Sorry if I write again here, for users that are facing the same problem without finding a solution:
Reinstalling windows worked but just for some weeks, after another year of research I realized that the problem was on the windows key that was given to me.

Sorry again for the ones that were following this and now are notified for no reason at all.

My specs:

• MOBO: MSI Z97 gaming 3 
  • CPU: Intel i5 4440 3.1 GHz
  • RAM: 8(4x2) Gb DDR3 
  • GPU: GTX 1070 MSI (Armor Edition)
  • Cable GPU to Monitor: DisplayPort
  • SSD: 120 Gb kingston 
  • HDD1: 1 Tb 7200 rpm 
  • HDD2: 500 Gb 5200 rpm
  • Monitor: 1920x1080 144hz 

I'have always suspected that my graphics driver was corrupted; since I updated my video card videogames can run higher settings but the game feels laggy no matter min or max settings. So after months of searching on the web, I've realized that in some way the v-sync affected this 1000 micro-lags. Just now I've discovered that in device manager>video card>proprieties>events>all events  (this location list may be not accurate, I've translated it from my language) I've found some errors, the most of them were like this:

Device starting problem: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81&SUBSYS_33011462&REV_A1\4&176c8df9&0&0008.

Driver name: oem21.inf

GUID class: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: nvlddmkm

Bottom filters: 

Upper filters: 

Problem: 0x0

Problem status: 0xC00000E5

The errors generation day is the same day where I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers for the hundred time. But before discovering all this the major problem was the Nvidia GeForce panel that gave me every time the same error when I try to open it.

I apologize for my English but I tried to also translate what I could in the errors, I've also uploaded some screen capture of the problems, I'm new to this forum so I hope that this is the right place to ask this and also tell me if I'm missing something. Anyway thanks for helping me.

Here is a list of facts that may help to troubleshoot:

• There aren't drivers of my processor for win 10 (But if anyone founds some it will be good)
  • I'm running on the last drivers for the video card as I write
  • I've already done: clean boot, reinstalling drivers.
  • The temperatures while I'm playing are not high
  • My video card usage is usually around 4% to 34%

Capture.PNG

Capture2.png

Capture3.PNG

Hi @Niconsky

Have you tried Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) you need to download it then run the program in Windows Safe Mode, and it removes any old or misbehaving graphics card drivers, registry keys, folders and files, and driver store packages?

Link

DDU

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

5 minutes ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Hi @Niconsky

Have you tried Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) you need to download it then run the program in Windows Safe Mode, and it removes any old or misbehaving graphics card drivers, registry keys, folders and files, and driver store packages?

Link

DDU

Hi, yes i have already tried this but for ensuring that i've done It correctly i can do It again

3 minutes ago, Niconsky said:

Hi, yes i have already tried this but for ensuring that i've done It correctly i can do It again

Did you disconnect the internet to stop Windows from installing the display driver?

The only other thing I can suggest is creating another user on the machine to see if the issue follows, this would hopefully rule out any profile settings you may have configured.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Just now, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Did you disconnect the internet to stop Windows from installing the display driver?

The only other thing I can suggest is creating another user on the machine to see if the issue follows, this would hopefully rule out any profile settings you may have configured.

No i havent tried this yet, also i don't know if this matters but windows do up to 5/6 updates per week that ends up with failing every time. So i Will try

26 minutes ago, Niconsky said:

No i havent tried this yet, also i don't know if this matters but windows do up to 5/6 updates per week that ends up with failing every time. So i Will try

Don't let Windows update the driver after using DDU, you should try to install the most up to date version as soon as the machine reboots. Can you download it before starting?

@SydneySideSteveSomewheres
Ok so I have to first to download the most recent nvidia driver then I use DDU and after that what I should do? Lock the windows update? When I have to disconnect my pc from internet? I'm sorry I'm a bit confused could you explain the sequence of things to do? Thank you for following this thread I'm desperate haha.

While waiting for a reply I've tried to do the windows updates and some went good but others got stuck during the preparation to the download and then I've disabled windows update from the services app, after this, I've started windows in safe mode an uninstalled the drivers trough DDU then I have reinstalled them and I've got the same problem with the GeForce panel, I'm now checking about games performance and maybe after I will try to create a new user.

Notes:

• Every time during the installation of the drivers I got an error: impossible to start the process, and I can click only ok... no more info given.
  • In the Events of the driver I still got this: (to see in the screen capture, the blue circle means ''device installation required''Capture4.PNG.fc69cedc78256d97e5541b802787c8c2.PNG

19 hours ago, Niconsky said:

@SydneySideSteveSomewheres
Ok so I have to first to download the most recent nvidia driver then I use DDU and after that what I should do? Lock the windows update? When I have to disconnect my pc from internet? I'm sorry I'm a bit confused could you explain the sequence of things to do? Thank you for following this thread I'm desperate haha.

Yes, download the most recent Nvidia driver. Shut off the internet, then run DDU in Safe Mode, after the reboot without connecting to the internet install the driver you previously downloaded. There are very good instructions on the DDU webpage link provided before (above) and if you open that page in Chrome the page will be translated for you.

1 hour ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Yes, download the most recent Nvidia driver. Shut off the internet, then run DDU in Safe Mode, after the reboot without connecting to the internet install the driver you previously downloaded. There are very good instructions on the DDU webpage link provided before (above) and if you open that page in Chrome the page will be translated for you.

Ok done, windows took a while to reboot but after the reboot and the nvidia driver installation nothing changed. (I have disconnected from internet my pc since the beginning)

23 hours ago, Niconsky said:

Ok done, windows took a while to reboot but after the reboot and the nvidia driver installation nothing changed. (I have disconnected from internet my pc since the beginning)

Sorry I have reached the end of what I can assist you with, perhaps edit the ^above post^ and include the @ symbol followed by the user name valdyrgramr [@valdyrgramr] or quote him. Maybe he can help you further ?

hope you get your issue sorted

@valdyrgramr Yes, I'm with the 419.67. I have to say that I already tried this type of solution. The Nvidia local system container wasn't yet started so I started it as you said then the Nvidia network service container also wasn't started but when I tried to turn it on, it says that it's impossible to start that process because it's running on local. I've also contacted Nvidia support and they told me to do always the same things, after a week I ended up that thread. Now I want to reinstall windows but I have a lot of files to save or re-download so it can take also 2 or more weeks because i can do this things only at the weekend, so what I should do with this thread? Just waiting before giving the solved? Anyway thanks a lot for giving some time to help me with this.

• 1 month later...

@valdyrgramr Sorry if i quote you in this old thread but at the end I've reinstalled windows and now i have no problem with drivers. So thank you.

• 1 year later...

Sorry if I write again here, for users that are facing the same problem without finding a solution:
Reinstalling windows worked but just for some weeks, after another year of research I realized that the problem was on the windows key that was given to me.

Sorry again for the ones that were following this and now are notified for no reason at all.

• 10 months later...

@NiconskyHey, sorry for quoting you again 1 year later, I am facing the same problems and errors for my intel iris Xe Graphics ,and I want to know what

On 7/18/2020 at 3:37 AM, Niconsky said:

the windows key

means. Thanks