JAVA frickin java

Hi guys. how do i check what java do i have (32 bit or 64 bit)? the download page is so dumb and last time i used the reccomended version it installed a 32 bit application and messed up everything for me.

stupid

stupid

stupid.

Java hates telling us the BIT

2 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

Hi guys. how do i check what java do i have (32 bit or 64 bit)? the download page is so dumb and last time i used the reccomended version it installed a 32 bit application and messed up everything for me.

stupid

stupid

stupid.

I'm sure you can just install 64 bit over 32 bit. 

5 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

stupid

stupid

stupid.

You can go download 64-bit and install it. Windows should default to the most recently installed version. https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You can check the versions you have installed in apps & features in the settings > system menu.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, H20Burner said:

the problem is that I do not know which one to download and install. which one is 32 bit and which one is not? java should be more clear on this. the architecture is important but ignored

3 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

the problem is that I do not know which one to download and install. which one is 32 bit and which one is not? java should be more clear on this. the architecture is important but ignored

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp 

Its 32bit unless they specify its 64bit. They favor 32bit for some weirdo reason. 

Edit - Someone beat me to it.

Edited by H20Burner

15 hours ago, H20Burner said:

Actually you can install them side by side.