Mac pro 2009 fix

hi, i have a mac pro from 2009 witch i got from an earlier school i did go to and am tying to fix it, so the first problem is: when i hit the start button nothing happens, i get now no power to mouse or keyboard, and black screen.
i tested the orignal gpu on my windows and it worked. i don't have the orignal hard drive and only an ssd in it with no OS. also trying to get a earlyer OS that will run on 4.1.

2 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

I would try changing the RAM, you should get a white screen with a "missing hard drive" icon if the HDD is removed or defective. 

Else it might be a motherboard or PSU issue causing it to not boot.

yea, i don't have the OG ram but i should proably maybe try with one stick at first

2 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Try that! let me know what it does

question, should i normaly get white screen with question mark or no hdd ? since i don't have the orinal hard drive ?

7 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

yea, did not work, not with 1 stick and not witch 2..

9 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

i don't think its the psu, the back fan starts and runs at 100% i think same with the gpu. when i had the gpu in my windows its started at 100% fan but quickly slowed down

You need to get a copy of an original system disk and run hardware test to see whats going on.

19 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

If you get a white screen that's a good sign, it means the Mac Pro is turning on and looking for a MAC OS to boot into.

Are you okay with wiping the hard drive? Next procedure will be to reinstall MAC OS

well i dont get a white screen, so maybe its a way to install mac os on the sdd and put it in the mac again ?

it might just be the PRAM battery on the motherboard died its really old at this point and its near the PCIE slots its a coin style battery that could cause this it also could just be needing a SMC (system management controler) reset and you would be up and running . 

also do you have any other hard drive you could swap in or just disconnect the current one to see if it tries to start "headless" and give you the question mark. 

1 minute ago, jonrosalia said:

also do you have any other hard drive you could swap in or just disconnect the current one to see if it tries to start "headless" and give you the question mark. 

yeah think i gonna try to change the PRAM. just did it on my dslr that helped alot, also gonna try the other tips you said. 

your biggest issue is going to be getting another copy of Mac high Sierra at this point because you have to make a boot usb for a Mac this old if the operating system is gone because im fairly sure it cant internet restore with command+R.