Wanting to upgrade my dell inspiron 15 7547 to an SSD

kodiak211

My computer is starting to show its age. I have a lot of performance issues, most of which seems to be coming from Disk C, and RAM, when monitoring the computers performance. Disk C, always seems to be at 100% use, while the computer is running slow, with 6GB of RAM, tho not maxed out, it's still above 5GB's of use. Ordered 16Gb (2X8Gb) CMS RAM, and I'm thinking of upgrading the hard drive to a SSD. Also ordered a new cooling fan, because that is making noise, just recently.

Anywho, the CPU, and GPU, seem to never over run. So I don't think my 
performance issues has anything to do with them. It's running a i5 4210u 1.70GHz to 2.40GHz. Not sure what the GPU is. Really don't put much stress to the system. Usually just watching stuff on my Plex account, and sometimes playing cities skylines. Like to get back into using Blender, but performance issues with this computer discourage me from even trying to use it.

Any idea what the issue might be. Would it be worth upgrading the hard drive to a SSD. And will any SSD due, as long as it has a 2.5 connection? Or should I factory reset the system?

HDDs suck. Throwing a SSD would give you much more raw speed and overall quickness. You could clone over the drive or i would just fresh install/

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

7 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

HDDs suck. Throwing a SSD would give you much more raw speed and overall quickness. You could clone over the drive or i would just fresh install/

Reading through some of the other threads. I'm guessing I shouldn't skimp out on just any SSD, due to lifespan. I mean, I'm at least half way through the lifespan of the computer tho. And have plans to build my own, sometime later this year. Still want this computer running tho, especially for the next few months, until I get around to building its replacement.

Thanks tho, any recommendations on brands I should look for. I know Samsung, and WD are probably good options.