Windows not working correctly after ssd install

purskus

Hey, i installed a new ssd last week on my computer, for this i used windows media creation on usb. The pc then booted up fine and ran fine. later in the day i rebooted it due to updates and stuff, then it didnt want to boot up on first try, i just got black screen and nothing happened, after maybe 3rd try it booted up fine and everything was working normal. Well now the pc is just completely broke. I boot it up, and i get that blue screen saying windows did not load up correctly or something like that. after some tries it actually boots up to windows, but its very laggy and freezes constantly until the pc just shuts off. i ran a clean install of windows on it, and i just have the ssd plugged in. has anyone encountered this before? oh and when i get in i see cpu is often at high percentage. heads up im not that good with computers

sorry for bad english

4 minutes ago, purskus said:

Hey, i installed a new ssd last week on my computer, for this i used windows media creation on usb. The pc then booted up fine and ran fine. later in the day i rebooted it due to updates and stuff, then it didnt want to boot up on first try, i just got black screen and nothing happened, after maybe 3rd try it booted up fine and everything was working normal. Well now the pc is just completely broke. I boot it up, and i get that blue screen saying windows did not load up correctly or something like that. after some tries it actually boots up to windows, but its very laggy and freezes constantly until the pc just shuts off. i ran a clean install of windows on it, and i just have the ssd plugged in. has anyone encountered this before? oh and when i get in i see cpu is often at high percentage. heads up im not that good with computers

sorry for bad english

Pc specs?

(the first think you install after a fresh Windows install is the chipset of the motherboard) 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Pc specs?

(the first think you install after a fresh Windows install is the chipset of the motherboard) 

Hi, specs are: CPU i5 4690k 3.5ghz, GPU gtx 760. MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 3. SSD is WD blue 3d 500gb, psu 750 something. 

will look into that thank you

Also make sure that the SATA AHCI is enable in bios, but normally this should be by default when a SSD is installed .

In MSI site SATA drivers to be downloaded are the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver, i would suggest to not install them and stick to Windows Sata drivers

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just reinstall it. Updates like to break things. Download a new ISO with media creation tool or a iso from their website that's more recent and already has a newer build number. The high cpu is just windows being stupid trying to update everything at once probably or something in the OS is broken.

Also glad to see someone that still has a 4690k and 700 series card. :D

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

hey guys, i disconnected the battery to the motherboard, to reset my bios, after this the pc booted up perfectly fine and is working 100%, i hope this fixed it forever, thanks for the reply :D

2 hours ago, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Just reinstall it. Updates like to break things. Download a new ISO with media creation tool or a iso from their website that's more recent and already has a newer build number. The high cpu is just windows being stupid trying to update everything at once probably or something in the OS is broken.

Also glad to see someone that still has a 4690k and 700 series card. :D

haha yeah, been having this setup since 2015 i think, and is still going strong :D