Opinions/Experiences with Used GPUs

Go to solution Solved by Wh0_Am_1,
1 minute ago, Jackett said:

Should've specified as USD.

Welcome to the LTT forums! That's about market price, honestly this depends, and should be taken on a case by case basis, although as most 1080ti's have backplates it is rather difficult to view the overall condition of the card. Generally speaking though the 1080ti is a relatively new card and all should be fine, otherwise if it is DOA (on Ebay) If you purchase the product and the status is preowned, and working, there are protections that allow you to get your money back.

Hey all, new to PC building and found a couple deals for used GTX 1080 TI's around ~$550 and was wondering a couple things. Is this a good deal for a used 1080 TI and is there anything I should be weary of when ordering used parts online? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jackett said:

used GTX 1080 TI's around ~$550 and was wondering a couple things. Is this a good deal for a used 1080 TI

Depends on your location and what currency you're talking about (CAD, USD, AUD).

5 minutes ago, Jackett said:

is there anything I should be weary of when ordering used parts online?

I've bought a ton of used graphics cards (GTX 970, 770, RX 580s, etc.) and there's nothing to worry about. As long as the card works, you'll be fine.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Geography said:

Depends on your location and what currency you're talking about (CAD, USD, AUD).

1 minute ago, Jackett said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! That's about market price, honestly this depends, and should be taken on a case by case basis, although as most 1080ti's have backplates it is rather difficult to view the overall condition of the card. Generally speaking though the 1080ti is a relatively new card and all should be fine, otherwise if it is DOA (on Ebay) If you purchase the product and the status is preowned, and working, there are protections that allow you to get your money back.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

6 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Alright, l'll definitely keep this in mind when browsing, thanks for the assistance !