Is it compatable?

Go to solution Solved by Berfs1,
4 minutes ago, DeathbyZoe said:

Do you have discord or something? To take me step by step on this because I got this PC yesterday and I don't wanna mess it up.

Yea, mine is Berfs1#6150

Is an ASUS Z97-Pro motherboard compatible with HyperX Beast ram?

5 minutes ago, DeathbyZoe said:

It'll be compatible as long as the ram is DDR3.  

Edit: I did a bit of research and apparently the ram is DDR3, so it's compatible.

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

It should be compatible as long as the ram is DDR3.

Because I'm getting these random crashes every time I resart my system 

and can't download any games 

3 minutes ago, DeathbyZoe said:

I would suggest looking at the QVL of the motherboard to double check if it is compatible. Also, speed can matter. If it is over 2600 MHz, your CPU or motherboard may be the limiting factor here. I can say that because, I have tested this on a very good Z87 motherboard (Maximus VI Hero) and a mediocre Z97 motherboard (Z97-E/USB 3.1). The Z87 could hit 2933 no problem on both sticks of RAM (the actual limit on Z87), whereas the Z97 couldn't even hit 2800 stable on 1 stick. Motherboard does matter, but for Z97, any DDR3 kit SHOULD work at their rated speeds.

1 minute ago, DeathbyZoe said:

What is your full system configuration? That would be vital to know, since certain parts do not work optimally together.

that sounds more like either a windows or a hdd problem

do a s.m.a.r.t. check

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

that sounds more like either a windows or a hdd problem

do a s.m.a.r.t. check

Is it because I have one SSD?

Is it because I have one SSD?

has nothing to do with it

again, it sounds like either a windows or a disk problem to me

with a smart check you can see if the disk isn't dying

6 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

What is your full system configuration? That would be vital to know, since certain parts do not work optimally together.

I don't everything but I can tell you most of the parts 

CPU: i7 4790k

Motherboard:ASUS Z97-Pro

Ram:Kingston HyperX Beast (2x8)

GPU:Gtx 1070 

Powesupply:EVGA 650W

Storage:AdataSU800 

Now the case I don't know what it 

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

has nothing to do with it

again, it sounds like either a windows or a disk problem to me

with a smart check you can see if the disk isn't dying

Adding on to that, the RAM may be unstable, so I would recommend the OP to enable XMP if not already enabled, if it is already enabled, then take one RAM stick out and see if that fixes your issues. If the RAM is unstable, it can cause the OS to start corrupting, however it seems like a hardware problem more than a OS problem at this point.

G3 :)

Yea the G3 650W should be more than enough for your system, even under a full overclock.

1 minute ago, Berfs1 said:

Yea the G3 650W should be more than enough for your system, even under a full overclock.

more than enough

i was only concerned it would be some crappy unit from them, but this one isn't that bad

either memory tests and smart test it is then

4 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

Adding on to that, the RAM may be unstable, so I would recommend the OP to enable XMP if not already enabled, if it is already enabled, then take one RAM stick out and see if that fixes your issues. If the RAM is unstable, it can cause the OS to start corrupting, however it seems like a hardware problem more than a OS problem at this point.

How do we enable it? 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

more than enough

i was only concerned it would be some crappy unit from them, but this one isn't that bad

either memory tests and smart test it is then

To the OP: Use the attached application to test the RAM, if you are able to access windows at all. If not, try reverting all BIOS settings to default and trying again. Since windows 10 uses 1.9GB minimum, run 8 instances of the provided application, and test each instance with 1805 MB. If all 8 instances pass 110% without any errors, your RAM is fine. If it is not fine, your RAM may be faulty. If RAM is perfectly fine, then proceed to troubleshooting Windows; there are some specific lines of codes you can enter to validate all Windows files, use this link for more information on that: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-command-utility-fix-system-files-windows-10

Please let us know if your problems have been fixed from one of our methods!

MemTest.zip

8 minutes ago, DeathbyZoe said:

How do we enable it? 

In the BIOS there should be an option to enable XMP, so either "ENABLE" or "ON" should activate the feature. If your RAM kit has two different profiles, typically you will want to choose profile 1, but if that one adjusts BCLK, go to profile 2. Also, could you provide us with your RAM kit model number? That would help us identify which route to go.

2 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

In the BIOS there should be an option to enable XMP, so either "ENABLE" or "ON" should activate the feature. If your RAM kit has two different profiles, typically you will want to choose profile 1, but if that one adjusts BCLK, go to profile 2. Also, could you provide us with your RAM kit model number? That would help us identify which route to go.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104374

Ok go ahead and try Profile 2 first, as that is the lower speed of the two profiles. Profile 1 is 2400 MHz with CL11 13-13 timings at 1.65V, and Profile 2 is 2133 MHz with the same timings at 1.6V. JEDEC timings for this is 1333 MHz with CL9 9-9 timings at 1.5V, which could be the issue since the auto settings may be attempting to run it at 1600 MHz with unverified timings, and that could be causing the instability. Try Profile 2 first, if that works perfectly fine, then proceed to trying with Profile 1. After that, if the problem seems to have been fixed, go ahead and revert the RAM to default settings (so that it runs at auto settings) and retest to verify whether the auto settings were at fault or not.

5 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

Ok go ahead and try Profile 2 first, as that is the lower speed of the two profiles. Profile 1 is 2400 MHz with CL11 13-13 timings at 1.65V, and Profile 2 is 2133 MHz with the same timings at 1.6V. JEDEC timings for this is 1333 MHz with CL9 9-9 timings at 1.5V, which could be the issue since the auto settings may be attempting to run it at 1600 MHz with unverified timings, and that could be causing the instability. Try Profile 2 first, if that works perfectly fine, then proceed to trying with Profile 1. After that, if the problem seems to have been fixed, go ahead and revert the RAM to default settings (so that it runs at auto settings) and retest to verify whether the auto settings were at fault or not.

Do you have discord or something? To take me step by step on this because I got this PC yesterday and I don't wanna mess it up.

Yea, mine is Berfs1#6150