Joy.cpl not responding

Prune_Picker

Hello everyone, new member here, working with a new build, fresh Win 10 pro install. First time builder. (specs below)

Now, on my old PC, i learned that Win 10 no longer has an easy way to calibrate a joystick. A few minutes with Google and i found out that i can type "joy.cpl" into a run dialog and open the game controllers menu to calibrate, etc. as i did with previous versions of Windows.That worked great for however long Windows 10 has been out. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I finally was able to upgrade my PC by starting from scratch (thanks, in part, to LTT's YouTube channel). I quickly discovered a problem with calibrating a joystick. I use the Run dialog and type "joy.cpl", as before, and... nothing. It does pop up eventually, but behaves as though my PC isn't up to the task. I highlight the controller i want to calibrate and click properties. One extra click anywhere while waiting for the dialog to pop up to test or calibrate the controller and the game controller window says not responding. That's assuming joy.cpl even does anything at all. Most of the time, nothing pops up at all. Occasionally, if i dedicate 20 minutes to the task, i can actually calibrate a joystick. Hop into a game, and it works great... for a few minutes, then it loses the calibration and becomes useless.

I should note here that the PC works great for everything else i've done. FPS games are fine, etc., just anything requiring a joystick is pretty much just a no go. I know that was a bit long winded, but if anyone has any input, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Biostar X370GT7 Motherboard

Ryzen 3 1300x

XFX RX 570

32GB ram

Windows 10 pro 64 bit (activated)