SSE3 and SSSE3( Supplemental SSE3 ) , whats the main difference?

i recently found out that the old phenom 2 chips don't support SSSE3( Supplemental SSE3 ) but it does support SSE3, and saw in a recent Timmy Joe video that apex legends wants SSSE3 over SSE3. i simply want to know how big of a difference there is between the two and if the supplemental one is better than the real one

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

SSSE3 provides 32 more instructions. If Apex Legends requires a processor with SSSE3, then it's because it's using an instruction from that.

Basically it's not a matter of a performance difference. It's a matter of an actual technical requirement.

than why call it supplemental instead of something like like SSE3.1 or SSE3b?? calling it supplemental makes it sound like a modified version of SSE3 for a CPU that couldn't handle the standard/original version of the SSE3 instruction set

Just now, ScubaSteve404 said:

than why call it supplemental instead of something like like SSE3.1 or SSE3b?? calling it supplemental makes it sound like a modified version of SSE3 for a CPU that couldn't handle the standard/original version of the SSE3 instruction set

I dunno. That's something only Intel knows.