Microphone not working on ASUS laptop

SypherRS
Go to solution Solved by SypherRS,

alright fixed

all I had to do was uninstall the wrong driver that probably conflicted with the actual one

I feel like a total idiot, but I managed to fix this

Hi,

So I'm facing this issue where my mic won't record any sound. It shows up in the device manager, but when I speak the green lines don't show that I am. It could be a driver issue, but I've already downloaded the latest drivers for my laptop (rog strix scar 2). 

Next possible cause could be this. I've been having a different issue with audio. The speakers would randomly stop playing sound so I had to go to the realtek sound console and reset the format. That would fix it for a while. Usually after clicking another youtube video it would malfunction again. So I decided to update my drivers, but I was being an idiot and downloaded some different ones... Not the ones from asus. They didn't sound quite right so I realised I probably should download the og ones. I did and restarted. After that the mic just wouldn't work.

I'm sorry that it's super long, but I need my mic back really bad

Laptop:

ROG Strix Scar II 15,6"

CPU: Core i7-8750H 6c/12t GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6G RAM: 32GB 2666 MHz Display: 144Hz 3ms OS: Windows 11 Home

Dedicated Minecraft an Backup Home Server: [No longer with us 😪]

CPU: Core i5-2500K 4c/4t GPU: Asus GTX 550Ti RAM: 8GB 1333MHz HDD: 1TB Seagate Firecuda, 3TB WD RED OS: Windows Server 2019

Did the device face any water damage or anyone tried to open it up? 

Try to contact official support maybe they can help. 

no water damage

yeah they have 24hrs to respond, this one is instant

Laptop:

ROG Strix Scar II 15,6"

CPU: Core i7-8750H 6c/12t GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6G RAM: 32GB 2666 MHz Display: 144Hz 3ms OS: Windows 11 Home

CPU: Core i5-2500K 4c/4t GPU: Asus GTX 550Ti RAM: 8GB 1333MHz HDD: 1TB Seagate Firecuda, 3TB WD RED OS: Windows Server 2019

alright fixed

all I had to do was uninstall the wrong driver that probably conflicted with the actual one

I feel like a total idiot, but I managed to fix this

Laptop:

ROG Strix Scar II 15,6"