Dell Optiplex Case with custom mainboard

Silly_Cone

Hey Guys! I found an old mainboard and an empty Dell Optiplex 3010 mini tower case in my office. I though i could place the mobo into the case but i found out, that i'll have some difficulties to connect to power buttons and the indicator leds to the motherboard. 

Anybody tried this thing, to weld a custom mobo into a Dell Case?! I take it as a challenge and would be very happy to make it work. I guess i just need to find out, which cables shall i connect to the mobo.

Thanks for any help!

I uploaded some pictures about the mobo, power button connector and indicator led connector.

With regards,

S.

mobo.jpg

indicator_leds_connector.jpg

power_button_connector.jpg

You will just have to find out what cable connect to what button or led and connect them to the right part of the mobo.

It should not be to difficult (;

1 minute ago, Chaftalie said:

You will just have to find out what cable connect to what button or led and connect them to the right part of the mobo.

It should not be to difficult (;

Yup, i know that, but i didnt found any documents about the Dell cable arrangement....

1 minute ago, Silly_Cone said:

Yup, i know that, but i didnt found any documents about the Dell cable arrangement....

just use an multimeter to indentify the buttons andif you want to connect the leds use an 3.3V battery cell to identify them just do not let the leds burn for to long with the 3.3V battery it could burn htem...