Help merging 2 photo into one

Mulo123

So I need to merge 2 photo into one, but not in the usual opacity way. I am making a timelapse video which has 2 baches of pictures.

Photo A: a.png.417f238988133154c2717485dc0ad98e.png

Photo B: B.png.7d37ca9518d5437bb59e6253ecfcffdb.png

With normal opacity the end result is really 'opaque', whereas I would need something along these lines:

result.png.7b8584cc99f458f67bea182dbc268791.png

the second point is that I would need to combine more than 2k images on boths sides (its a timelapse), so doing manually on each pic in photoshop is not an option.
Any idea?

screenshot 02-25-2019-184203.jpg

15 hours ago, Mulo123 said:

So I need to merge 2 photo into one, but not in the usual opacity way. I am making a timelapse video which has 2 baches of pictures.

With normal opacity the end result is really 'opaque', whereas I would need something along these lines:
the second point is that I would need to combine more than 2k images on boths sides (its a timelapse), so doing manually on each pic in photoshop is not an option.
Any idea?

Correct me if I'm way off on this, but this is the scenario:

You have 2000 images of blue team moving around

You have another 2000 images of green team moving around.

You want to composite each blue team image with the corresponding green team image.

You then want to create a timelapse of the resulting composites.

If this assumption is correct, I think the best way to go about it would be some sort of batch processing. I believe you can ask Photoshop to source from multiple folders when batch processing.

You'll need to point it to each of the photos in the correct order, and have it stack, align, and blend them. I think the Darken blending mode would work.

Once it spits out the images, you can use whatever video editor to put them into a timelapse.

Best of luck!

Just my thoughts, since the map is always the same then isolate the different teams and transition just the teams for each photo. 

In other worlds remove the map on all the other photo's where you only see the teams and then in order transition each one in order as an overlay of the map and you will get the time laps you want.

this is just a very general ideal and you could tweak it more, or it may give you a better one :)