Motherboard and CPU help

Rango12
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
Just now, Rango12 said:

Perfect!!! thank you so much!!!

no problem. if you prefer a bigger motherboard, look around for the atx version

and don't forget to mark it as solved (and give some reactions if you feel like it)

Just now, Rango12 said:

I am not going against your advice, but the build that I am making is a black and white build. Is it worth getting the MSI Carbon with the sacrifice of less vrms?

and you don't like this one

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZwJtt6/asrock-z390-extreme4-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z390-extreme4

or this one (the orange is rgb)?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GPdxFT/gigabyte-z390-aorus-elite-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z390-aorus-elite

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I do like them a lot, I didn't know that the Aorus was RGB lol

Just now, Rango12 said:

I do like them a lot, I didn't know that the Aorus was RGB lol

it was, and both have 12+2 phases compared to the pro carbon's 8+2 (even fat 4 can be possible)

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it was, and both have 12+2 phases compared to the pro carbon's 8+2 (even fat 4 can be possible)

Would the i5 9600F be a good processor?

Just now, Rango12 said:

Would the i5 9600F be a good processor?

the only difference between the f and non-f series is that the f series has no intergrated graphics

so except if you can find a really good deal on them, just get a 9600k

What are intergrated graphics? I am sorry to ask stupid questions. The i5-9400F is $175 right now which seems like a good price

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

the only difference between the f and non-f series is that the f series has no intergrated graphics

so except if you can find a really good deal on them, just get a 9600k

What are intergrated graphics? I am sorry to ask stupid questions. The i5-9400F is $175 right now which seems like a good price

14 minutes ago, Rango12 said:

the gpu built into your cpu. it's not that bad actually

the 9400f is just a 8400 with a really small boost and no integrated graphics, i would rather get a 9600k or a r5 2600

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the gpu built into your cpu. it's not that bad actually

the 9400f is just a 8400 with a really small boost and no integrated graphics, i would rather get a 9600k or a r5 2600

Is it true that an I7 is not really necessary because of the amount of cores to threads?

3 minutes ago, Rango12 said:

Is it true that an I7 is not really necessary because of the amount of cores to threads?

it's not needed, but it will give a performance jump. it's mostly that most games still rely on core speed over how many cores

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's not needed, but it will give a performance jump. it's mostly that most games still rely on core speed over how many cores

How do I know what RTX Graphics card is good or not. My biggest fear is trying to sell a system that consist of a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, or GPU that is not either the best choice or that is bottle necked

I just dont want someone to buy a computer and later finding out that they got "Scammed" or got ripped off

4 minutes ago, Rango12 said:

How do I know what RTX Graphics card is good or not. My biggest fear is trying to sell a system that consist of a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, or GPU that is not either the best choice or that is bottle necked

i mean, you have budget for a 2080 (=1080 ti performance), but you can step down to whatever you want

gigabyte, evga, asus, msi, zotac and many more have good cards. just show me the card you're planning to buy, and I'll give advice based on that

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

i mean, you have budget for a 2080 (=1080 ti performance), but you can step down to whatever you want

gigabyte, evga, asus, msi, zotac and many more have good cards. just show me the card you're planning to buy, and I'll give advice based on that

Because of the black and white pc build, I want to have something around those colors. I want to keep the build somewhere $1300, would a 2080 be good for that budget? I was looking at the Gigabyte RTX 2080 Windforce 8gb

13 minutes ago, Rango12 said:

Because of the black and white pc build, I want to have something around those colors. I want to keep the build somewhere $1300, would a 2080 be good for that budget? I was looking at the Gigabyte RTX 2080 Windforce 8gb

1300? one can do

Just now, Rango12 said:

Perfect!!! thank you so much!!!

no problem. if you prefer a bigger motherboard, look around for the atx version

and don't forget to mark it as solved (and give some reactions if you feel like it)