Autocad 2018

Specs laptop

i3 6006u 2ghz

4gb ram can be upgraded to 8gb

Nvidia 940mx videocard

1tb Hdd can be replaced with ssd

Would this be good for 3d projects for students in architecture using autocad 2018?

The ram and cpu would be the limiting factor in my experience, ram especially when it comes to large projects with links and dependencies to other drawings. Not entirely sure about 3d in autocad though, I seldom use autocad specifically for 3d.

1 hour ago, Knightdroid250 said:

Would this be good for 3d projects for students in architecture using autocad 2018? 

Autodesk claims that the minimum specs are 4gb RAM and a 1Ghz or faster processor.

Experience and logic tells me that you'll want a minimum of 8gb of ram, and that processor will, work, for light work. I would definitely upgrade your RAM. I would also suggest skipping the SSD upgrade if it means that you can bump that up to 16GB of RAM.

You will want to configure AutoCAD to use GPU acceleration though, something which you'll definitely want to try to do. I say try, because 2018 is not tested on that GPU. However, from my personal experience, all of the AutoDesk products I've used will accept my 960m for hardware acceleration. Your mileage may vary.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Autodesk claims that the minimum specs are 4gb RAM and a 1Ghz or faster processor.

Experience and logic tells me that you'll want a minimum of 8gb of ram, and that processor will, work, for light work. I would definitely upgrade your RAM. I would also suggest skipping the SSD upgrade if it means that you can bump that up to 16GB of RAM.

You will want to configure AutoCAD to use GPU acceleration though, something which you'll definitely want to try to do. I say try, because 2018 is not tested on that GPU. However, from my personal experience, all of the AutoDesk products I've used will accept my 960m for hardware acceleration. Your mileage may vary.

i found another laptop with an i5 7200u and amd radeon tm 530 video card is that better?