Need a replacement for Corsair 750D

Hawx

My build includes the Asus Formula VI, however, after some research, the standoffs within the 750D are incompatible with the rear armor. Could someone suggest a different case?

I would go with the 760T, but is there a confirmed release date yet?

Thanks

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Or you could buy another mobo and sped half the price of a new Corsair case

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I have a maximus 6 formula in my 750D.

How? Did you take the armor off?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=124022

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

My build includes the Asus Formula VI, however, after some research, the standoffs within the 750D are incompatible with the rear armor. Could someone suggest a different case?

I would go with the 760T, but is there a confirmed release date yet?

Thanks

this has been addressed on OCN. first post of the 750D owners Club. simple solution

Mounting an ASUS Maximus VI Formula in the corsair 750D

I find it incredible how many of us are using the Maximus VI Formula with the 750D....

This seems to be a very common concern. I'm going to do my best to shed as much light as possible on this.

By brandon6199

Just so you all know, with the current Corsair 750D (includes all 750D's purchased in 2013 or prior). There are certain issues with the method that the motherboard standoffs are positioned, which causes issues when installing a motherboard with "armor" or a frontplate/backplate. The most popular being the ASUS Maximus VI Formula Z87 motherboard. Users have found, (and also confirmed) that with the backplate installed on the M6F, you are not able to properly screw down the motherboard into the motherboard tray of the 750D mainly due to the following 2 reasons:

1.) Issue: The current Corsair 750D has a built in center standoff that interferes with the installation with the ASUS Maximus VI Formula.

Solution: This can be removed by using a set of pliers and unscrewing the standoff and removing it entirely from the case, allowing you to successfully install the M6F with backplate once step two is complete.

2.) Issue: The screws that are included with the case/motherboard (usually 6-32 x 1/4") are not long enough to pass through the motherboard and armor and reach the threads in the motherboard tray.

Solution: This can be fixed by purchasing your own 6-32 x 3/8" length screws from any hardware store. The type of head on the screw is entirely up to you. For reference, here are the screws that I purchased and found to work perfectly. http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/24017?searchMode=productSearch&zipcode=&filterByStore=&filterByVendingMachine=&productSearchQueryString=term%3D1124017%26searchMode%3DproductSearch

There are some rumors and speculation that Corsair is going to be offering a revised version of the 750D with a different position for the standoffs, which would allow you to fit your M6F with backplate without any additional screws or modifications. For those of us who don't have the revised 750D, this is a quick and easy solution to getting that backplate to fit in your case.

Here is an image of the Maximus VI Formula with backplate installed.

putv.jpg

Here are some images of the 6-32 x 3/8" screws that I used. NOTE: You may notice that I used some rubber washers in these images. I ended up removing them due to the fact that the screws need to make contact with the solder points on the motherboard. I recommend not using any washers or o-rings at all.

dv8o.jpg

92a6.jpg

92a6.jpg

This is an image of the center standoff in the 750D that comes pre-installed. This needs to be removed with a set of pliers. It is a screw, so be sure to loosen it and remove it from the case. Do NOT try yanking it out! You'll probably damage your motherboard tray. Just unscrew it.

309x.jpg

Once you've gotten a hold of some 6-32 x 3/8" screws and you've removed the center standoff, it's as easy as lining up the motherboard with the threads on the tray, and screwing the motherboard in. I've found that it helps having a second hand to apply some pressure to the motherboard towards the I/O shield plate, allowing you to screw the motherboard down a little easier. You may notice the holes don't line up perfectly at first, but that's OK. The I/O shield plate is quite thick and naturally pushes the M6F away, causing the holes to be slightly offset. Luckily, the I/O shield plate has a padding that can compress, which means that with a little bit of muscle, you'll get it to fit with no problems.

dhoa.jpg

pi51.jpg

z32q.jpg

e8tl.jpg

v15d.jpg

68a9.jpg

ep2a.jpg

And that's it!

di56.jpg

You've now successfully installed your M6F with backplate into your 750D with very little effort.