Undervolting help

Hey all!

I purchased a HP Omen 15 (2018 edition) and I am experiencing a lot of thermal problems. The idol cpu temp is around 40 C. And while charging or playing games it shoots up to 90 C. I searched a lot online and found out that many people benefitted from undervolting the cpu and the performance also increased. So I downloaded the intel extreme utility as suggested by a web page. The person started by changing the voltage offset to -0.160V(he was using a dell xps laptop btw). So I followed the same but a blue screen problem occurred and the laptop rebooted. I decided not to take any more risk and consult someone. So if anyone knows undervolting and intel extreme utility please help me with it. The cpu is an intel i7 8750h

There is no "go -0.160V" formula. Go to -0.100V and run some games, do some synthetic benchmarks see if it crashes. If it crashes, go lower to -0.090V. If not go to -0.110V and try again until you hit the BSOD and go back 1 or 2 steps and that is your sweet spot. Every CPU handles different so you cant just go -0.160V on every CPU. Mine went as low as -0.180 but after that I had crashes and BSOD's so I'm sitting at -0.170V now with my predator

I tried what u said. At -0.120V the temps were pretty good but upon further lowering the temps went higher. also the was a constant "current limit throttling" and "power limit throttling" indication. Can u explain this stuff and is there any other settings that should be tweaked?

44 minutes ago, Leminisant said:

"current limit throttling" and "power limit throttling" indication

These limitations are set because your laptop has a finite cooling capability. If you tweak them (which you shouldn't be able to do) that might cause serious issues. By adding a negative offset to Vcore you may gain some extra performance because these limitations will kick in at a later point.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4