System Interrupts high CPU usage

PerryT78

Hi everyone,

I have recently realised that when I turn on Task Manager, a process called 'System Interrupts" takes up exactly 65% of my CPU usage. However after about a second, the usage goes down instantly to around the 0.1% - 0.8% range. 

What exactly is the 'System Interrupts" process and the fact that I open Task Manager and see 65% usage for a split second makes me think there is something wrong with my PC.

Thank you for all replies.

39 minutes ago, PerryT78 said:

Hi everyone,

I have recently realised that when I turn on Task Manager, a process called 'System Interrupts" takes up exactly 65% of my CPU usage. However after about a second, the usage goes down instantly to around the 0.1% - 0.8% range. 

What exactly is the 'System Interrupts" process and the fact that I open Task Manager and see 65% usage for a split second makes me think there is something wrong with my PC.

Thank you for all replies.

This could be anything, a corrupted driver, or a corrupt part of the kernel, a dead/dying SATA cable or Drive, ANYTHING. If you plan to tackle this  get ready for resetting your PC multiple times, uninstalling programs and etc.   (just be glad that you are not facing my previous issue where System interrupts was constantly consuming 30% of my CPU.  (p.s. System interrupts are failed commands sent by the corrupt program(s) to the CPU, as they present a load but are not in them selves tangible, they are represented by the ambiguous label System interrupts. )

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

This could be anything. But, I don't see a problem with it if it goes back down anyway. I don't think you should worry.