Razer Mamba 130 dollar nightmare, seeking advice.

RapidFireReaper

I bought my Razer Mamba 4g wireless edition mouse from best buy about a year ago and its been the absolute worst mouse I have ever owned bar none and Ive owned quite a few. After six months the sensor just stopped working. I emailed razer and they RMA'ed the mouse and sent me a refurbished one. It worked fine for about 3 months and the sensor stopped tracking left to right. So again I send it in to razer, they send another refurbished mouse to me. IT works fine for a little over a month and now wont track up and down. Thats three mambas Ive run through in just a year and now im going to have to send it in again for a fourth time. Whatever ever cheap garbage sensor there putting in those mice arent worth 10 dollars let alone 130. Im going to pick up a steel series sensei as I hear they have very good sensors. Beware to all DO NOT BUY A MAMBA 2012 and save yourself the trouble Ive gone through. Razer however does still make some really great products, I love there black widow series and its what I've typed this post on. Just wish for 130 bucks Razer would deliver a higher quality product as there mouse is the most expensive on the market. Next time Razer don't cheap out on the sensor so you can have pretty packaging. Anyways I bought a Steel Series Sensei to replace but it feels a bit to small as I have irregularly large hands. I love the rigged scroll wheel but Ive heard the avargo 9500 sensor has some native mouse acceleration. Now I cant reproduce this on my sensei but its a well known issue on the internet. So has anyone owned a steel series sensei and a logitech g700?

For TLDR:

Mamba blows, looking at a steel series sensei or a logitech g700, which is better in your opinion?

I have the g700 and it's great, had it for over a year now I think, wireless and wired both work great and the wired connection is a standard micro usb so you can move to a different computer without unplugging the cable from your main pc.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I have the g700 and it's great, had it for over a year now I think, wireless and wired both work great and the wired connection is a standard micro usb so you can move to a different computer without unplugging the cable from your main pc.
In your opinion, how's the Hyper-fast scrolling feature so far?

I love my G700, but it does work better with the cord. Nature of wireless mice.

The fly wheel scrolling, like Linus says, is useful for scrolling through long documents. Like 4chan. Not much else. Definitely glad they switch to the lock button on the top of the mouse.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

thats weird because I have had a razer mamba 2012 since it came out and have had 0 problems.... guess you hve just had bad luck.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

The G700 is a good mouse because you can switch between wired and wireless and the Hyper-Fast scrolling like Austin Powers said which I have on my M705 is excellent for going through long pages.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have the g700 also and it's amazing and the hyper-fast scrolling is awesome use it everyday.

The unlockable scroll wheel is boss.

If you're... trying to get to the bottom of something...

It's great, just for these forums skimming through pics of build logs that I've already seen to get to the new stuff, it's much quicker, much easier, I love it.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I got the original mamba and 3 years after still perfectly fine

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Never used the G700, but I absolutely love my Sensei.

I don't notice any acceleration with my Sensei, but doing the 'sit it against the side of the keyboard, move it fast, then slowly back' test it seems like there is a TINY amount (It comes back a few millimeters out). It could just be natural variation because its not moving in a perfect line, I'm not sure really. 

I bought my Razer Mamba 4g wireless edition mouse from best buy about a year ago and its been the absolute worst mouse I have ever owned bar none and Ive owned quite a few. After six months the sensor just stopped working. I emailed razer and they RMA'ed the mouse and sent me a refurbished one. It worked fine for about 3 months and the sensor stopped tracking left to right. So again I send it in to razer, they send another refurbished mouse to me. IT works fine for a little over a month and now wont track up and down. Thats three mambas Ive run through in just a year and now im going to have to send it in again for a fourth time. Whatever ever cheap garbage sensor there putting in those mice arent worth 10 dollars let alone 130. Im going to pick up a steel series sensei as I hear they have very good sensors. Beware to all DO NOT BUY A MAMBA 2012 and save yourself the trouble Ive gone through. Razer however does still make some really great products, I love there black widow series and its what I've typed this post on. Just wish for 130 bucks Razer would deliver a higher quality product as there mouse is the most expensive on the market. Next time Razer don't cheap out on the sensor so you can have pretty packaging. Anyways I bought a Steel Series Sensei to replace but it feels a bit to small as I have irregularly large hands. I love the rigged scroll wheel but Ive heard the avargo 9500 sensor has some native mouse acceleration. Now I cant reproduce this on my sensei but its a well known issue on the internet. So has anyone owned a steel series sensei and a logitech g700?

For TLDR:

Mamba blows, looking at a steel series sensei or a logitech g700, which is better in your opinion?

I've had my mamba for over a year now and i have had zero problems. Don't come onto this forum to bag out products and tell people not to buy them.

just sell it on craigslist once you get the referbished one for like 60 dollars. Be like "This is a good deal" and cut your losses. Only thing to do!

I have owned my Razer Mamba 2012 for over a year and not one probleem from it. You dont slam your mouse down a lot do you?