Dell 2718D viewing angle issues

Luke32800

the dell 2718d monitor has some weird effect when I look at it even slightly off angle... some kind fo distortion like there's a protective film on the screen (there isnt I checked) like a screen door or rainbow effect. hard to get a picture of but I did the best I could. the monitor is glossy if that helps in diagnosis and this effect is most easily viewable on a white screen but if anyone has any ideas for cause and solution it would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_1019.jpg

Could be a problem with the panel, or you bought a monitor with crappy viewing angles.

For $529.. wowee if it has crappy viewing angles.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

21 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Could be a problem with the panel, or you bought a monitor with crappy viewing angles.

For $529.. wowee if it has crappy viewing angles.

I got it on sale for like 200... I've tried buying another just to see if the same issue is on all monitors and that appears to be the case. it seems to get worse the closer I am to the monitor, and if im farther away from it the effect is basically non existent.

3 hours ago, Luke32800 said:

I got it on sale for like 200... I've tried buying another just to see if the same issue is on all monitors and that appears to be the case. it seems to get worse the closer I am to the monitor, and if im farther away from it the effect is basically non existent.

Hmm.. try not to CSGO Pro your monitor haha, if you've ever seen how close they sit to their monitors it crazy.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )