Internet speed on my computer is Much slower than every device in the house.

7orbs
Go to solution Solved by Phas3L0ck,
1 minute ago, 7orbs said:

nope CPU usage is at 5 - 10%

This is the point where I refer you to a program I use called Auslogics BoostSpeed. It has a tool that can optimize network performance. I don't know if it'll help in this case but it's worth a try.

Computer Specs:
intell 6700k (stress tested and its fine)

asus z170a motherboard

SSD

16gb of ram (already tested and it fine)

recently clean installed windows 10 (i mean fully)

Windows 10 1809 (OS Build 17763.316)

As stated in the Title the Internet speed on my computer is Much slower than other every device in the house.

whenever i test my computers speed i get around 50 - 150 mbps but on the other devices on the house i border 270 - 300 mbps.

Devices that tested for 270 - 300 include:

2 ipads, ipad pro 2016 and the regular 2017 ipad

iphones, both iphone 6s pluses.

another PC running windows 10

These are the things that i have tryed so far:

• Flushed DNS
  • reset tcp ip stack
  • tryed a different NIC (that i knew worked on another PC)
  • restarted Modem and router
  • reset router to factory defaults
  • reset network settings in windows
  • all the things listed on this site https://www.saintlad.com/slow-internet-on-windows-10/
  • tryed a clean boot (diabling all non windows services and start up programs)
  • tryed a speed test in safemode with networking
  • reset my hosts file
  • uninstalled AV
  • disabled my Firewall
  • ran multip virus scans and Malware bytes anti rootkit
  • uninstalled a few programs like itunes
  • updated my ethernet driver from my motherboards manufacter website
  • reset BIOS to factory settings
  • Checked for a BIOS update
  • tryed running the computer and iphone through a VPN which still had the same effect (my comp was alot lower then the iphone)
  • tryed runnng the speed test in a deiifent browser
  • use the speedtest.net program with no browsers open
  • ran the test in an incognito window
  • tryed the ethernet cable with another PC (worked fine on the other PC)

Im honnestly at a loss, all that i can think of now is that its my motherboard itself.

5 minutes ago, 7orbs said:

Computer Specs:
intell 6700k (stress tested and its fine)

asus z170a motherboard

SSD

16gb of ram (already tested and it fine)

recently clean installed windows 10 (i mean fully)

Windows 10 1809 (OS Build 17763.316)

As stated in the Title the Internet speed on my computer is Much slower than other every device in the house.

whenever i test my computers speed i get around 50 - 150 mbps but on the other devices on the house i border 270 - 300 mbps.

Devices that tested for 270 - 300 include:

2 ipads, ipad pro 2016 and the regular 2017 ipad

iphones, both iphone 6s pluses.

another PC running windows 10

These are the things that i have tryed so far:

• Flushed DNS
  • reset tcp ip stack
  • tryed a different NIC (that i knew worked on another PC)
  • restarted Modem and router
  • reset router to factory defaults
  • reset network settings in windows
  • all the things listed on this site https://www.saintlad.com/slow-internet-on-windows-10/
  • tryed a clean boot (diabling all non windows services and start up programs)
  • tryed a speed test in safemode with networking
  • reset my hosts file
  • uninstalled AV
  • disabled my Firewall
  • ran multip virus scans and Malware bytes anti rootkit
  • uninstalled a few programs like itunes
  • updated my ethernet driver from my motherboards manufacter website
  • reset BIOS to factory settings
  • Checked for a BIOS update
  • tryed running the computer and iphone through a VPN which still had the same effect (my comp was alot lower then the iphone)
  • tryed runnng the speed test in a deiifent browser
  • use the speedtest.net program with no browsers open
  • ran the test in an incognito window
  • tryed the ethernet cable with another PC (worked fine on the other PC)

Im honnestly at a loss, all that i can think of now is that its my motherboard itself.

Driver?

6 minutes ago, GateToTheFuture said:

Driver?

you mean if i tryed to update it?

Then yes i mentioned that in the list

Just now, Phas3L0ck said:

Not sure if I missed this, but are you using WiFi or Ethernet? Wifi will always be slow, so just use Ethernet.

tryed both, even my ipad and iphone that is wireless is getting much higher speeds than my computer

tryed both, even my ipad and iphone that is wireless is getting much higher speeds than my computer

Have ya tried manipulating settings in your modem/router? It's rare but sometimes that are little things you can change that might fix this.

4 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

Have ya tried manipulating settings in your modem/router? It's rare but sometimes that are little things you can change that might fix this.

even tho its ONLY my pc out of 5 devices in the house that is affected? i also already reset my router to factory settings as stated in my list

6 minutes ago, 7orbs said:

even tho its ONLY my pc out of 5 devices in the house that is affected? i also already reset my router to factory settings as stated in my list

One thing that's helped me in the past is modifying my LAN device settings in device manager. Depending on your driver, you should have extra options in the properties window for your NIC that allow you to change things like Large Send Offload and Buffer Sizes. I thought it was strange too but sometimes it helps.

1 minute ago, Phas3L0ck said:

One thing that's helped me in the past is modifying my LAN device settings in device manager. Depending on your driver, you should have extra options in the properties window for your NIC that allow you to change things like Large Send Offload and Buffer Sizes. I thought it was strange too but sometimes it helps.

main problem is that using a NIC from another computer that was on all defaults and i knew worked at the 250+ speed, sudedndly dosent work on my PC, wich is why im suspecting my motherboard

main problem is that using a NIC from another computer that was on all defaults and i knew worked at the 250+ speed, sudedndly dosent work on my PC, wich is why im suspecting my motherboard

When you say " NIC from another computer" are you using a PCI/PCIe card? That could be a contributor. NIC add-in cards can be picky in rare cases.

3 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

When you say " NIC from another computer" are you using a PCI/PCIe card? That could be a contributor. NIC add-in cards can be picky in rare cases.

yes, a PCI/PCIe card that was in another computer using all default setting including the default windows one.

and the reason why im suspecting my motherboard is i had a different problem where my webcam was glitching the hell out on my computer but worked just fine on others 

Manufacturer even sent me a new device and it still dident work

yes, a PCI/PCIe card that was in another computer using all default setting including the default windows one.

and the reason why im suspecting my motherboard is i had a diffent problem when my webcam was glitching the hell out on my computer but just fine on others 

This is gonna sound stupid, but I suggest 2 things; BIOS update and check/replace your RAM. In my recent research of PCIe architecture, everything is tied to the CPU/RAM, which is all controlled by the BIOS. Every time I get a new system, I have to learn to walk all over again because of overlooked systematic flaws.

2 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

This is gonna sound stupid, but I suggest 2 things; BIOS update and check/replace your RAM. In my recent research of PCIe architecture, everything is tied to the CPU/RAM, which is all controlled by the BIOS. Every time I get a new system, I have to learn to walk all over again because of overlooked systematic flaws.

as stated in my list (lol) already checked my ram (its fine) and theres no new update for my BIOS, hell i have reset my BIOS to factory (as stated in list)

Just now, 7orbs said:

as stated in my list (lol) already checked my ram (its fine) and theres no new update for my BIOS

How many PCIe slots do you have and how many are in use?

I've heard it's possible for things like a GPU to utilize more bandwidith than you think which could cause reduced speeds on some other devices.

I forgot to ask, how exactly are you testing your speeds again?

speedtest.net using different servers (to test multiple servers) but the same server when i would test the other device

4 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

How many PCIe slots do you have and how many are in use?

I've heard it's possible for things like a GPU to utilize more bandwidith than you think which could cause reduced speeds on some other devices.

that wouldent make sense i have a GTX 1070 (forgot to put it in my specs oops) and one of the other PCs i tested had one aswell same brand and everything and even a much cheaper MoBo 

8 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

I forgot to ask, how exactly are you testing your speeds again?

also just tryed the google speed test, same thing

22 minutes ago, 7orbs said:

also just tryed the google speed test, same thing

I'm sure you know those tests aren't always accurate. The only true way to test your speed is to transfer a file to/from an SSD server through your uplink.

BTW what ISP do you have?

I'm sure you know those tests aren't always accurate. The only true way to test your speed is to transfer a file to/from an SSD server through your uplink.

BTW what ISP do you have?

i know, butwhy would every other devece test so much higher than my PC

im using Comcast Blasst (upto 250)

13 minutes ago, 7orbs said:

i know, butwhy would every other devece test so much higher than my PC

im using Comcast Blasst (upto 250)

The only other thing I would check is the CPU utilization. A lot of systems new and old have daemons running in the background doing god knows what. Forget network usage, if the CPU is the slightest bit overloaded, the NIC will drop half it's speed.

Source: personal experience

Just now, Phas3L0ck said:

The only other thing I would check is the CPU utilization. A lot of systems new and old have daemons running in the background doing god knows what. Forget network usage, if the CPU is the slightest bit overloaded, the NIC will drop half it's speed.

Source: personal experience

This is the point where I refer you to a program I use called Auslogics BoostSpeed. It has a tool that can optimize network performance. I don't know if it'll help in this case but it's worth a try.

8 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

hmmmmmmmmmmm the network optimization function on Auslogics BoostSpeed worked, i apprciate it

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, 7orbs said:

hmmmmmmmmmmm the network optimization function on Auslogics BoostSpeed worked, i apprciate it

Capture.PNG

YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?!? That only really works on the most awful systems I've had to fix, and it just worked for you? Cool. I didn't think it'd have that kind of effect, but... every system has it's own quirks and quarks.

I'm glad I could help. If you would please mark my response mentioning Auslogics as the best answer, I would appreciate that!