GPU is not working - Help

Oliver Murphy

In device manager and GPU-z software, it shows that my GPu is properly connected but whenever I play games it show all reading zero in GPUz. I had checked with other software also but the result is same. 

here is the screenshot of GPU-z

Did you select the gpu? Isn’t the bottom tab showing igpu or something? Not familiar with amd stuff. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Did you select the gpu? Isn’t the bottom tab showing igpu or something? Not familiar with amd stuff. 

Ya I had selected the GPU that HD 8700M

Use a different version then. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

38 minutes ago, Jitendra said:

In device manager and GPU-z software, it shows that my GPu is properly connected but whenever I play games it show all reading zero in GPUz. I had checked with other software also but the result is same. 

here is the screenshot of GPU-z

AMD's old switchable graphics are a pain in the ass to get working,

you need to make sure you're using the most recent OEM approved drivers. That means go to your laptop manufacturer's website and download the gpu drivers for your model laptop there. It'll probably be a 15.x driver, from there you can set your switchable graphics preferences between your integrated graphics and rendering chip. What brand/model laptop do you have?

Never dismiss a possible solution because of a respected brand.

IT Admin perusing a bachelor's in Computer Engineering.

3 minutes ago, Endeavor01 said:

AMD's old switchable graphics are a pain in the ass to get working,

you need to make sure you're using the most recent OEM approved drivers. That means go to your laptop manufacturer's website and download the gpu drivers for your model laptop there. It'll probably be a 15.x driver, from there you can set your switchable graphics preferences between your integrated graphics and rendering chip. What brand/model laptop do you have?

I had updated drivers a week ago and I think I got problem after that, 

Also my laptop model is np300e5v-s02in

1 minute ago, Jitendra said:

I had updated drivers a week ago and I think I got problem after that, 

Also my laptop model is np300e5v-s02in 

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/NP300E5V-S02IN/

VGA(Graphics)AMD

Grab that driver, uninstall your current one, then install this one.

Never dismiss a possible solution because of a respected brand.

IT Admin perusing a bachelor's in Computer Engineering.