Hackintosh

If I want to make a hackintosh but still have windows, would I just need one hard drive with windows and one with Mac OS X. Like in my build right now I have a SSD and hard drive. So could I just get one more SSD to boot with Mac OS X?

Installing Windows and Mac on two separate drives will be easier and much painless. If you want to install them on the same drive, you'll have to fight with the bootloader. Mind that AMD system are most likely not going to work, so make sure you have an Intel system.

I think you can do both but be careful.

Once osx wiped my Win SSD when I installed osx.

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

While it's a little easier to use separate drives, the bootloader will still see all of the partitions across all of your installed drives, so there won't be too much of a hassle. As always, make sure to backup your data before doing anything.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3600MHz, MOBO: ASRock X570M, GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER (Corsair H100x cooling), SSD 1: Corsair Force MP510 240GB, SSD 2: Patriot VPN100 1TB, OS: Windows 10 Professional x64, CASE: Open air test bench

Go with separate drivers, it will be much more easier, besides if you decide to go back to windows, you only will have to reformat the OSX drive. Keep in mind that AMD based systems will be very difficult to make fully functional. Good sites you can check out are www.tonymacx86.com or www.insanelymac.com

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

You would have OS X on one drive and Windows on the other, the bootloader would be on the Mac drive hense you would need to boot from the Mac drive even to get into windows. NOTE: the Mac drive must be set to AHCI in the bios for OS X to boot. This is of course assuming that all of your other hardware is OS X compatible. I used to use a Core 2 Hackintosh as my main RIG, and having a separate hard drive for OSX was more then helpful.

CASE: Corsair 400R CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula COOLER: CORSAIR H50

GPU1: ASUS 6970 DirectCU II GPU2: VisionTek 6970 2GB

PSU: CORSAIR HX1050 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz