PC BUILDING OPTIONS! HELP!

Zenith.Nate

Hey guys! So, I am new here and I know little bits and pieces but I want to hear what opinions  you all have and what you think I can get for what I need done. I want to game and do content creation such as photoshop, render gaming videos and clips and stream. More gaming and streaming in the end. But, I don't have much to spend but I already have a lot of parts purchased already. So here they are.

Ryzen X370 Aorus Motherboard

Asus Z370 Pro Motherboard

16GB OF DDR4 3200mhz Ram , Purchasing 16gb more of newegg because its on sale for under $100.

I have several HDDS ranging from 250gb to 2tb and I have ssds.

I have a GTX 770 4GB

A GTX 1070 8GB

So I want to finish the two builds out, and I know I am probably going to get a Ryzen 5 1600 because its only $100 right now but the 1700x is only $150

and I want to really finish my intel build out and I can get a 8700k for $330 but I heard the 8600K are literally just as good and I can get one new for $200. 

What do you guys think I should do? What is the best budget friendly 8th/9th gen Intel CPU for the money. 

Tell me what you guys would do!

The best budget-friendly Intel CPU atm would probably be the i5-8400 or the 9400F if it's out and decently priced. 

For AMD I recommend going with the Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600X. If you want a cheap 1st gen Ryzen, the 1700 or 1700X are solid options on the cheap.

None of these CPUs would bottleneck a 1070, except the 1700 in a few scenarios at stock speeds.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Well I can get a i5-8600K for $200 at Microcenter right now, and that's overclockable and I can put my watercooler on it and easily push it 5ghz . I have a secondary i5-7400 build and I really wanted a overclockable intel that's why I was looking at the 8600k or 9600k

5 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

I am probably going to get a Ryzen 5 1600

certainly good to pair with that 770, especially at that price point.

6 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

I can get a 8700k for $330 but I heard the 8600K are literally just as good and I can get one new for $200. 

for gaming, the 8600k will basically be the same, yes.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah, So I figured I would get a ryzen 1600 for $100 and overclock it to 4.0 like I have before and then put the 770 4GB with it. Then my gaming pc I will put an 8600K overclocked to 5.0ghz with my dual pump cpu cooler, and then add my 1070 with it.

1 minute ago, Zenith.Nate said:

Well I can get a i5-8600K for $200 at Microcenter right now, and that's overclockable and I can put my watercooler on it and easily push it 5ghz

forget overclocking on this chip, (without delidding), just not worth extra cooling for little performance gain.

I can use my delidder and put some of my thermal grizzly conductonaut on it.

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

forget overclocking on this chip, (without delidding), just not worth extra cooling for little performance gain.

That's not really true at all, most people are able to get like 4.7 or something and that's significant. Granted an overclock is not so efficient, but hey, fun to do and often yields tangible results.

2 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

I can use my delidder and put some of my thermal grizzly conductonaut on it.

That's pretty good, I imagine a 5GHz OC is within your reach, provided the silicon gods smile upon you.

(Also, don't forget to use the quote button so people see your response)

Edited by fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

That's not really true at all, most people are able to get like 4.7 or something and that's significant. Granted an overclock is not so efficient, but hey, fun to do and often yields tangible results. 

That's pretty good, I imagine a 5GHz OC is within your reach, provided the silicon gods smile upon you.

(Also, don't forget to use the quote button so people see your response)

Ok, sorry I am new to forums and all that jazz. I figured from everything I have read and what I have at my possession, get an 8600k overclocked will yield way better gaming performance than a ryzen, and I am not going to spend $200 or more on ryzen as I am waiting for the new chips release dates.

4 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

I am waiting for the new chips release dates.

That's a good move, current first gen Ryzen will get cheaper as time goes on and second gen will follow suit

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

get an 8600k overclocked will yield way better gaming performance than a ryzen, and I am not going to spend $200 or more on ryzen as I am waiting for the new chips release dates.

so get the 8600k for now and wait for 3rd gen ryzen (presume r5 3600 for $200), if you dont urgently need 2 sys running together

Just now, fasauceome said:

That's a good move, current first gen Ryzen will get cheaper as time goes on and second gen will follow suit

Thanks, I honestly might not even buy a ryzen tomorrow, and just buy the 8600k, and use my 770 4gb in my spare build which is a i5 7400 at 3.5ghz and 16gb of ddr4 3200mhz ram. and put the 8600k in my main build for myself on that board after delidding and putting the new paste and water cooler and wait until the next gen ryzen come out.