External display and eGPU together?

Nitish Bansal
Go to solution Solved by krakkpott,
15 minutes ago, Nitish Bansal said:

I'm planning on getting an ultrabook and an e-gpu but i don't know if I'll be able to connect the egpu in one tb3 port and use another usb-c slot to connect the lappy screen to my tv. 
Will it be possible?

If you are going to be using an eGPU why not just connect the TV to the eGPU directly?

I'm planning on getting an ultrabook and an e-gpu but i don't know if I'll be able to connect the egpu in one tb3 port and use another usb-c slot to connect the lappy screen to my tv. 
Will it be possible?

15 minutes ago, Nitish Bansal said:

Will it be possible?

If you are going to be using an eGPU why not just connect the TV to the eGPU directly?

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

2 hours ago, krakkpott said:

because the e-gpu doesn't have a ram or a cpu. It's just a graphics card with a psu. @krakkpott 

On 2/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, Nitish Bansal said:

because the e-gpu doesn't have a ram or a cpu. It's just a graphics card with a psu. @krakkpott 

I don't think you understand how it works. eGPU works with your laptop (which has a CPU & RAM) to output display to either your laptop screen or an external display. An eGPU can't work by itself.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

9 hours ago, krakkpott said:

I don't think you understand how it works. eGPU works with your laptop (which has a CPU & RAM) to output display to either your laptop screen or an outer source. An eGPU can't work by itself.

oh! okay. thank you. i understand it now. @krakkpott