Loading operating system stuck

andybeech
Go to solution Solved by Snacks427,

Try putting in the old one and see if the problem is still there. Might actually be unrelated.  But If you can get back into windows, download the driver for the new gpu. Also try clearing cmos by removing the battery. Are you getting into bios?

Hi I swapped a power supply and graphics card over on my stream pc but now it is stuck on a black screen with white writing saying loading operating system.... but doesn’t load tried restarting a few times checked connections and tried using a usb to repair windows but doesn’t give me the option to boot to device any idea.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Did you swap the gpu from your gaming rig into your stream pc? Or is it a whole new gpu?

16 minutes ago, Snacks427 said:

Did you swap the gpu from your gaming rig into your stream pc? Or is it a whole new gpu?

Yea took the 1060 from the gaming rig to the stream rig as got a 2070 in my gaming rig 

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Try putting in the old one and see if the problem is still there. Might actually be unrelated.  But If you can get back into windows, download the driver for the new gpu. Also try clearing cmos by removing the battery. Are you getting into bios?

5 hours ago, Snacks427 said:

I’ll give putting the old gpu back in a go and that is a good idea to do and yea I’m able to get into the bios 

6 hours ago, Snacks427 said:

seems to of done the trick remove and put back in the gpu thanks :D