RFID/NFC Database for Inventory

Ericarthurc

So I know Linus uses some sort of RFID or barcode database for all the hardware they have. Does anyone have an info on what they use? I am interested in inventorying all our hardware equipment where I work. I know about NFC tags and whatnot but have never used RFID, I thought they were interchangeable?

And I would rather use barcodes the, instead of stickers. Are barcodes something you have to custom make or can you buy them and write to them?

And last question, is there a good inventory software? Or should it be custom made?

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Ericarthurc said:

So I know Linus uses some sort of RFID or barcode database for all the hardware they have. Does anyone have an info on what they use? I am interested in inventorying all our hardware equipment where I work. I know about NFC tags and whatnot but have never used RFID, I thought they were interchangeable?

And I would rather use barcodes the, instead of stickers. Are barcodes something you have to custom make or can you buy them and write to them?

Thanks in advance!

You can scan any bar code with any barcode scanner, if your product has a barcode.You can even try it out in excel click a cell and scan the barcode it will type out what it sees.