New RX 580 fans at 100% without a reason

Pc specs:

-Ryzen 5 2600

-Gygabite b450m-DS3H

-HyperX 2x4GB 3000Mhz cl15 (running at 2666Mhz)

-Corsair VS550

-Kingston 120Gb SSD

-Seagate barracuda 500Gb HDD

-Sapphire pulse RX 580 8Gb

Hello everyone, so I have recently built a pc for a friend and it ran alright with an rx 460 for about a month. He recently decided to get a Sapphire pulse Rx 580 8g and the card also ran alright for about 4-5 days, but two days ago he turns on his pc and the fans begin ramping up for no reason from being completely still (0 rpm mode is activated). Then I went to his place to troubleshoot and when I turned on the pc the fans would spin at 100% all the time no matter what, fans profiles did not work either from afterburner or wattman. I found out my friend had installed beta drivers 19.1.2 so here's what I did:

-Uninstalled the drivers with DDU in safe mode.

-Installed 19.1.1 drivers.

The issue remained so at this point I thought it could be some sort of PCIe slot issue:

-I removed the card with the pc turned off and power cord removed.

-Put the card back in the slot.

That seemed to resolve the problem as the fans started to behave normally again.

However, a few hours later my friend calls me and tells me the issue reappeared, so I go back to his place and I think it might be a problem with afterburner conflicting with wattman or something, so I uninstall afterburner and perform a clean install of the drivers once more. Again, the issue seems to be resolved, but now wattman pops up a "settings have been reset due to an unexpected error" at every boot so the fans profiles do not save up and I left the default profile on. I disabled fast boot in windows power settings and that was resolved. However my friend now says the fans started ramping up again and they only behave normally if he reboots the pc a few times.

Now I am at a bit of a loss here, I am unsure whether this is a hardware or software problem. I haven't tried clean installing windows all over again and I am considering it, is there anything else I should try before that? Do you guys think this is all useless and should just proceed to get an RMA for the card?

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

go into afterburner, and set a manual fan curve.

Tried that, both from afterburner and wattman and fans keep running at 100% anyway.