VA pixel issue?

iAzriel

Hi. I am an owner of an Asus MX27UQ 4K monitor and I decided to move to a 1440p 144Hz VA panel the Samsung C27HG70. Apart from the obvious ppi reduction, I was surprised by how shit the text looked on this panel. It seemed like I was reading a text in a lower resolution panel without any AA going on...and generally even from a 80-90cm long distance, I felt like I could distinguish the pixels... Is this a VA panel issue? Do IPS 1440p panels suffer from the same issue as well? 

Could you upload a picture of the issue? The issue might be caused by improper scaling or simply you being used to 4k. But I can't tell just by your description.

9 minutes ago, Sombra said:

Could you upload a picture of the issue? The issue might be caused by improper scaling or simply you being used to 4k. But I can't tell just by your description.

Nah, all settings were good, I found out what was wrong.

"As is common on many VA panels (particularly Samsung SVA panels), the subpixels are a bit squat. That is to say they are relatively wide but short, with relatively large gaps between rows. This has a slight impact on text clarity, making some text appear somewhat softer than it might on models with other panel types but similar pixel density. This can be alleviated to an extent by running through ClearType but not cured. Although it’s not something we found problematic when reviewing the model and many users would find the text clarity just fine, it does have an impact and is something that some users would find bothersome."

Slight impact my ass. Sure, the fact that I come from a 4K is an issue, but this is total hardware shit unfortunately. Will try an IPS 1440p panel just in case I won't have that kind of problem. 

28 minutes ago, iAzriel said:

Nah, all settings were good, I found out what was wrong.

"As is common on many VA panels (particularly Samsung SVA panels), the subpixels are a bit squat. That is to say they are relatively wide but short, with relatively large gaps between rows. This has a slight impact on text clarity, making some text appear somewhat softer than it might on models with other panel types but similar pixel density. This can be alleviated to an extent by running through ClearType but not cured. Although it’s not something we found problematic when reviewing the model and many users would find the text clarity just fine, it does have an impact and is something that some users would find bothersome."

Slight impact my ass. Sure, the fact that I come from a 4K is an issue, but this is total hardware shit unfortunately. Will try an IPS 1440p panel just in case I won't have that kind of problem. 

Haha, i guess that could do it