Need Advice With Building First PC

TheDespacito4

What I'm Considering getting. Everything is based on Australian NewEgg Prices. For the things labeled "anything Compatible" I looked at hardwear that was compatible with everything on NewEgg but could not decide What to get so I just wrote down "anything Compatible" and put the lower prices next to them. My budget is around $1,000 Australian. If possible I would like some advice. This PC will be primarily used for gaming.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 - Price: $274
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X - Price: $309
Motherboard: Anything Compatible - Price: $123
RAM: 12GB RAM - 3 x4GB - Price: $118
Storage: SSD - Price: $85 
Case: Anything Compatible - Price: $33
CPU Cooler: Anything Compatible - Price: $62
Power Supply: 550W - Price: $40
Price: $1,044

I will be getting a 1920 x 1080 or 2560 x 1440 - 144 Hz - 1ms - 24inc plus Monitor for this computer in the future most likely but I'm not quite sure what Monitor Manufactures too look out for.

look at pcpartpicker for suggestions

for cases there really is only what you like and no "best" option.

I use MSI for a monitor, but you will find that most are the same panel manufacturers

3 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

look at pcpartpicker for suggestions

for cases there really is only what you like and no "best" option

Thank you. I will try that site

It's a reasonably solid selection. I have two concerns however;

The 580 is a mid-range card. It's not going to give you impressive performance at 1440p without sacrificing on quality or refresh rate. If you'd like an upgrade path later on, 1440p can save you a bit of money in exchange for not being optimal right now, but i'd recommend 1080p for the 580 for the time being.

The price of that PSU concerns me. It's not that a quality PSU can't be had at an inexpensive price, but the PSU, if the only thing in your build, is the one thing that you shouldn't cheap out on. It's a risk not worth taking.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

13 minutes ago, Semper said:

It's a reasonably solid selection. I have two concerns however;

The 580 is a mid-range card. It's not going to give you impressive performance at 1440p without sacrificing on quality or refresh rate. If you'd like an upgrade path later on, 1440p can save you a bit of money in exchange for not being optimal right now, but i'd recommend 1080p for the 580 for the time being.

The price of that PSU concerns me. It's not that a quality PSU can't be had at an inexpensive price, but the PSU, if the only thing in your build, is the one thing that you shouldn't cheap out on. It's a risk not worth taking.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will get a higher grade PSU and OPT more tawards the 1080p Monitor

Edited by TheDespacito4