Home PC for Architects.

PC Components

Case...

I bought a Corsair Air740 because I was told going forward heat will become more of an issue and wanted to future proof with a case that could accommodate that.

Board....

ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Socket AM4/X370/DDR4/S-ATA 600/E-ATX Motherboard

A friend suggested if I had the space in the case to get a bigger board, not fully sure what that means though. Will it be more future proof in terms of ram capacity and features?

Memory...

2 x 8Gb Corsair vengance LPX DDR4 3000 hz 

Storage...

Crucial 1tb ssd (already owned)

Graphics...

ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-T8G-GAM 8 GB Radeon RX 580 TOP Edition GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

This is the least sure I am in regards performance. It seems a mine field that mainly addresses gaming but I saw Linus imply workstations rely on CPUs more in vray rendering (bottleneck episode)

Chip...

Ryzen 2600x with the stock cooler. (Wraith spere I think).

I don't anticipate over clocking but it might be a laugh if it is an option. Should I hold off for a 3600x?, What is the resale value of chips Should I want to upgrade?

Power...

Corsair CP-9020102-UK CX550M 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Po Wer Supply Unit

Its 80+, I assume this means no dying in fires.

Suggested supplementary info...

1. Budget & Location...

My budget is fluid but approx €1000 for the remaining parts (unless there are serious issues raised)

I am in Ireland. Will be buying off of Amazon.co.uk prime. 

2. Aim...

Work (Revit, AutoCAD, photoshop, lumion video and still image rendering, maybe some after-effects if it's able) Strategy Games, videos. Essentially I want a pc that I can ask to render a 5 minute ray trace video of a virtual model and don't mind leaving it for 10 or 20 hours just not 3 days. It's not meant as a primary work computer but it should not wilt if I take some work home.

3. Monitors...

Two monitors (Acer R271bmid 27 Inch FHD Monitor, Black (IPS Panel, 4 ms, ZeroFrame, HDMI, DVI). Which I already own. Don't need them over 1080. (The 4k is for the office and client screens.)

4. Peripherals...

I will get a grey market outside US Windows key.

Keyboard and mouse may get upgraded later but the initial buy-in should go inside the case.

5. Why are you upgrading?...

My laptop does not meet requirements.

Apologies for the long email but there is very little info out there for architects other than buy the top of the range everything. I appreciate any advice or experience that can be offered.

Edited by Gatusso

Also is there any sense in matching suppliers like I have tried to. (Corsair and Asus) ?

Again thanks.

Anone have any advice on e-atx boards or my graphics card for vray rendering?