Need advice for new build

Rofl<3lol
Hello I would like some advice , I have been meaning to do build a PC with r5 2600, auros pro b450 based system. but I recently saw a post in in a website of some one selling a 6700k with asus maximus viii . giving the rest will cost me the same I would probably save around 150$ on the total build if i go for the i7 and asus board. but the question is it a good buy for 2019 when all games are moving to more cores and the longevity of the PC will matter in any way . I do some some editing with my current PC which is a i7 3770k, but mostly game. due to requirement i am having to buy a new PC. Also I live in India and at the moment r7 1700 is the same price as a r5 2600 so i would like some advice on that as well, which one to go for.
Thank You

The 2600 will give you a better upgrade path and last longer. This is because you will be able to update 2, 3 maybe more generations down the road whereas on the Intel it's a dead platform and once you buy that 6700k there's nothing to upgrade to. The 2600 is already on par with the 6700k but will be more "future proof," if that's even possible. No one here will recommend the 6700k (an obsolete platform) over a 2600. The 2600 can give you similar performance to the 2600x and in a year or two (as early as this summer if you want) if you need to upgrade, AMD will have better chips that are more on par with recent Intel chips. AMD is supporting the same platform until 2020, maybe longer. That's at least 2 generations you can update/upgrade to and from what we're seeing right now AMD is looking pretty good with Zen 2 coming out in a few months. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build