dual xeon cpu rig

hi there! i need your help please D;!

im wanting to buy a server hardware pc for my daily gaming use and wanted to ask for your advices on these

one tower is a HP ML350 G5

and the other is HP ML150 G6 

are there any big limitations (or advantages) to basing a build on these boards? 

Don't. Search for, I think it was the 8-core dual CPU video... Im on my phone or I would link it.

A cheap Ryzen would work better

12 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Don't. Search for, I think it was the 8-core dual CPU video... Im on my phone or I would link it.

A cheap Ryzen would work better

ok so i should keep looking ? 

this one? 

8 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

ML350 G5 doesn't have a full-size PCI-e slot so can't fit a GPU. AVOID!!!

this is deal breaker lol ty for reply, despite any deal on it i will keep lookings ~ 

its sad how much ram costs are , used to be so cheep DX< 

yea if it's purely for gaming old dual-socket xeon rigs suck. I had a 12-core X5650 rig (before it broke, press F) and that thing stuttered in Overwatch despite having plenty cpu horsepower because games are not designed to use 12 core's. 

She/Her

56 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yea if it's purely for gaming old dual-socket xeon rigs suck. I had a 12-core X5650 rig (before it broke, press F) and that thing stuttered in Overwatch despite having plenty cpu horsepower because games are not designed to use 12 core's. 

i wish i could find a free computer on the side of the road

57 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

@WhisperingKnickers Hasn't complained much about bad CPU performance in games and he's been using dual X5690s for quite a while. I'll be testing out dual CPUs as well once I move and get my SR-2 up and running with dual X5675s, but it shouldn't be that bad. Keep in mind the X5650s have a pretty low stock clockspeed and may have a slower QPI link speed so that's probably the reason it would stutter. If you really like Xeons though but don't want to have to deal with dual CPUs, just watch eBay for a good deal on an X58 overclocking motherboard and then get an X5675 for $30 or an X5670 for $16 and OC that sucker to 4.5Ghz. At 4.41GHz my X5675 kept up pretty darn well with my 1080 Ti at 1080p, except in for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but there frametimes were still solid so it played just fine. If you keep your eye out you can snag some pretty damn good deals. I just scored an EVGA Classified 3-Way SLI board with an i7 920 for $89, the other 3 boards of the same model are $235, $350, and $385 on eBay. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

That sounds like a problem with your build in particular. I have used several dual socket board builds specifically on that same platform and I have never had issues.

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

@WhisperingKnickers Hasn't complained much about bad CPU performance in games and he's been using dual X5690s for quite a while. I'll be testing out dual CPUs as well once I move and get my SR-2 up and running with dual X5675s, but it shouldn't be that bad. Keep in mind the X5650s have a pretty low stock clockspeed and may have a slower QPI link speed so that's probably the reason it would stutter. If you really like Xeons though but don't want to have to deal with dual CPUs, just watch eBay for a good deal on an X58 overclocking motherboard and then get an X5675 for $30 or an X5670 for $16 and OC that sucker to 4.5Ghz. At 4.41GHz my X5675 kept up pretty darn well with my 1080 Ti at 1080p, except in for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but there frametimes were still solid so it played just fine. If you keep your eye out you can snag some pretty damn good deals. I just scored an EVGA Classified 3-Way SLI board with an i7 920 for $89, the other 3 boards of the same model are $235, $350, and $385 on eBay. 

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro