Dilemma Install Windows7 , Install Win7 whit Convenience Roll Package or Windows10

Gille

Hello here my dilemma

I need to change the Hard Drive of my 8 year old Toshiba laptop ( Will change it in a few months)
I will need to do a ''Clean Install of Windows7 from the recovery DVD that I made from the OEM version OS that came whit the laptop.

Now Should I :

1) Install Win7 and apply the ''gazillion'' updates one by one. But have the control to apply the update that i what or not.

2) Install Win7 and apply the ''Convenience Roll Package'' That may or may not contain the infamous ''Get Windows 10 (GWX) or telemetry update'' (Never activated  the Upgrade to Windows10 on the old Hard Drive) Google has many contradictions whether it contains. Or if is it still working, because apparently the upgrade to Windows10 is no longer available.

3) Skip that non sense, and do a Clean Install of Windows10 without registering it. I do not mind the Watermark. As per systemrequirementslab (can I run It)
I should be able to run Windows10 on my computer. But I may lose my Office 2007, because like the '' ''Convenience Roll Package and GWX update) Google does not
have an answer to my question.

So can anyone can help me see clear in all that mess.

Best Regards .

8 year old laptop running Windows 10?

Back it up, try Windows 10, if it feels too slow put Windows 7 on it.

But you didn't say much about the spec of the laptop so, who knows.

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R

6 hours ago, Gille said:

Hello here my dilemma

I need to change the Hard Drive of my 8 year old Toshiba laptop ( Will change it in a few months)
I will need to do a ''Clean Install of Windows7 from the recovery DVD that I made from the OEM version OS that came whit the laptop.

Now Should I :

1) Install Win7 and apply the ''gazillion'' updates one by one. But have the control to apply the update that i what or not.

2) Install Win7 and apply the ''Convenience Roll Package'' That may or may not contain the infamous ''Get Windows 10 (GWX) or telemetry update'' (Never activated  the Upgrade to Windows10 on the old Hard Drive) Google has many contradictions whether it contains. Or if is it still working, because apparently the upgrade to Windows10 is no longer available.

3) Skip that non sense, and do a Clean Install of Windows10 without registering it. I do not mind the Watermark. As per systemrequirementslab (can I run It)
I should be able to run Windows10 on my computer. But I may lose my Office 2007, because like the '' ''Convenience Roll Package and GWX update) Google does not
have an answer to my question.

So can anyone can help me see clear in all that mess.

Best Regards .

If you install Windows 10 on that laptop, assuming you install the correct edition, Windows 10 will be activated for that system.

All OEM system licenses have had their license reserved for the free upgrade offer to Windows 10. So despite the offer ended, as your free upgrade license was reserved, you can upgrade for free.

For Office 2007, unless you do an upgrade, you will need to re-install the same edition of Office 2007 that you have now under Windows 10 (or 7, if you choose to re-install that clean), and re-enter the product key it has. If you lost your product key, you can find programs like AIDA64 which can display to you your Office 2007 product key. Remember that the edition of the installer of Office 2007 needs to match your current license.