I am looking for a AIO water cooling loop on a budget.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ID-COOLING-HUNTER-DUET-Water-Cooler-for-Both-CPU-and-GPU-Comet-tail-LED-Lighting/282423503826?epid=1743041124&hash=item41c1c0abd2:g:0lUAAOSw1~JZO1bm:rk:7:pf:0#rwid

this is about what i am looking to get, but something with a full gpu water block

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - overclocked to 3.92 

Gtx 1070 Founders Edition - OverClocked 

i have a Coolermaster AIO240L now and my cpu temps are good. 

would I be better going with a system like the ebay part, or doing 2 seperate loops and keep my Coolermaster 240L for my Cpu and find an AIO GPU COOLER? 

Will swapping the stock GPU blower give me dramatically better temps? 

Would I be better off going with a custom Water Cooled Loop ? 

Does RGB actually make you game better? Think About it! 

avoid ID cooling, it's crap

I doubt a single 240 rad with a weak pump can cool a high TDP cpu and gpu 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

19 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

avoid ID cooling, it's crap

I doubt a single 240 rad with a weak pump can cool a high TDP cpu and gpu 

thats what i was wondering, id-cooling seems to have one of the only solutions. what about the https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white 

and do two separate 240 rads? 

6 hours ago, Be Healed in Jesus Name! said:

thats what i was wondering, id-cooling seems to have one of the only solutions. what about the https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white 

and do two separate 240 rads? 

I dunno, is the card throttling? the bracket seems good, I was thinking of getting one for one of my cards but it's not compatible with the Corsair H80i 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I'd separate. A rad for your CPU and one for the GPU. The NZXT Kraken G12 seems good if you wanted to add some copper shims to the GPU memory chips. Thermal tape to hold them on and the fan cools them. Might work good for something that's inexpensive and effective. When you separate them I would imagine it cools slightly better than combined because you would have 2 pumps going so that's better water flow and you would have 2 rads so that's more radiator area. Someone commented about the size of the radiator doesn't really make a difference and I couldn't disagree more. In fact, the more area for the water to move through and cool the better.

Just a thought, but if you wanted to, fairly easily, you could always build a much better liquid cooling system for much much cheaper. I found that there is some stuff called liquid tight conduit or electric conduit that is really cheap and worked fine for when I wanted to drain my back yard 8 years ago and all the other tubing costed 10 times more money. It's been 8 years and my backyard still has this electrical conduit ($75 for 100 feet of 1 inch inside diameter) buried in my backyard that my submersible water pump is using to pump out water from my back yard when it rains.

And for the pump, there are alot of really inexpensive small water pumps that could probably fit right inside a computer case..lol. The water blocks would need to be purchased for the CPU. Linus made his own water block for a GPU in a video but it looked a bit tough so you might need to buy just the water block for the GPU too.

<edit> By the way, check out something I came across on Linus Tips of course..lol

strix 270E monoblock <<< I like this water CPU block!

On 1/23/2019 at 5:55 PM, Mike2001Pro said:

I'd separate. A rad for your CPU and one for the GPU. The NZXT Kraken G12 seems good if you wanted to add some copper shims to the GPU memory chips. Thermal tape to hold them on and the fan cools them. Might work good for something that's inexpensive and effective. When you separate them I would imagine it cools slightly better than combined because you would have 2 pumps going so that's better water flow and you would have 2 rads so that's more radiator area. Someone commented about the size of the radiator doesn't really make a difference and I couldn't disagree more. In fact, the more area for the water to move through and cool the better.

Just a thought, but if you wanted to, fairly easily, you could always build a much better liquid cooling system for much much cheaper. I found that there is some stuff called liquid tight conduit or electric conduit that is really cheap and worked fine for when I wanted to drain my back yard 8 years ago and all the other tubing costed 10 times more money. It's been 8 years and my backyard still has this electrical conduit ($75 for 100 feet of 1 inch inside diameter) buried in my backyard that my submersible water pump is using to pump out water from my back yard when it rains.

And for the pump, there are alot of really inexpensive small water pumps that could probably fit right inside a computer case..lol. The water blocks would need to be purchased for the CPU. Linus made his own water block for a GPU in a video but it looked a bit tough so you might need to buy just the water block for the GPU too.

<edit> By the way, check out something I came across on Linus Tips of course..lol

strix 270E monoblock <<< I like this water CPU block!

agreed, the rad size does matter ... separating the two would be a better option for lower temps, but i also want the ascetics of an RGB Watercooling loop. My issue is 100+ for the GPU cooler...   

On 1/19/2019 at 9:35 PM, aezakmi said:

I dunno, is the card throttling? the bracket seems good, I was thinking of getting one for one of my cards but it's not compatible with the Corsair H80i 

not in the slightest, but it probably runs hot and I want a fully water cooled pc 

IMHO you are looking for custom loop performance and trying to get it by half measures.

In all likelihood you will spend 2/3rds of the price of a loop then,  realise it's not enough and have to start over.

Bite the bullet and build a loop.

Will swapping the stock GPU blower give me dramatically better temps?         Yes

Would I be better off going with a custom Water Cooled Loop ?         Yes

Does RGB actually make you game better? Think About it!        Of course - Duh!

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

8 hours ago, WihGlah said:

IMHO you are looking for custom loop performance and trying to get it by half measures.

In all likelihood you will spend 2/3rds of the price of a loop then,  realise it's not enough and have to start over.

Bite the bullet and build a loop.

Will swapping the stock GPU blower give me dramatically better temps?         Yes

Would I be better off going with a custom Water Cooled Loop ?         Yes

Does RGB actually make you game better? Think About it!        Of course - Duh!

dude this was straight to the point, that answer my exact question ... 1 loop or two separate loops ? 

2 hours ago, Be Healed in Jesus Name! said:

dude this was straight to the point, that answer my exact question ... 1 loop or two separate loops ? 

1 loop for performance/price

2 loops for looks (if you're into that)

Up to you what to go with

2 hours ago, Be Healed in Jesus Name! said:

Start with one. You can always expand later if you like and nothing will be wasted.

2 loops is only of real benefit for hugely complicated loops to give a cleaner look.

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2