Win7 Pro AND Ultimate after repair

Kosenator

I recently had a bit of an adventure with exploring my PC's innards, after migrating my OS from my SSD to NVMe (hint: if the mobo doesn't come with an NVMe slot, it's probably a good idea NOT to try to use the NVMe on a PCI-e riser for the boot drive). After adventuring through the valley of PC near-death (and very much fearing the evil of the shadow of re-installing a few GB of software, most notably the OS), I tried as a last resort, to use my Win 7 DVD to repair the OS.

I am very grateful to say that it indeed did work out as I have hoped.

However, now I get the bootloader screen at every start-up, giving me a choice between Windows 7 Professional (which is the installed version) and Windows 7 Ultimate (I wish...)

Selecting Ultimate sends the monitor into a black screen of flickering cursors on the left-hand top side.

Selecting Pro sends the monitor into a beautiful screen of wallpaper and icons and taskbar.

What I want to know: it is not an emergency, just a minor annoyance, but how do I remove the "Win7 Ultimate"-option (and no, telling me to go Win 10 is not the way to go. I intend to try ZorinOS on my notebook to test it as a replacement OS when Win7 support ends)

Thank you.

Go to file manager > Computer > System Properties (top left) > Advance System Settings > Settings (under Startup and Recovery). There you should be able to select which OS to be the default boot. Try setting your Pro as your default.