Random shutdowns

Orbity

Need some more details...

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

17 minutes ago, Orbity said:

Could not having proper drivers cause random shut downs?

In theory yes, to solve your problem we need more details like @I-r0k said. Give all the system specs please

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

19 minutes ago, Orbity said:

Could not having proper drivers cause random shut downs?

Help us help you... Fill in your signature please.  Also as far as random shutdowns that is a PSU problem.  Try a different PSU and let us know.  The only other thing I can think of is if the CPU temp hits 100c and shuts down computer which doesn't seem to be the case ya know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

26 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

Need some more details...

11 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Help us help you... Fill in your signature please.  Also as far as random shutdowns that is a PSU problem.  Try a different PSU and let us know.  The only other thing I can think of is if the CPU temp hits 100c and shuts down computer which doesn't seem to be the case ya know.

10 minutes ago, Snowglobes_The_Destroyer said:

In addition, I'd like to know if you tried or have installed/downloaded anything recently.

12 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

In theory yes, to solve your problem we need more details like @I-r0k said. Give all the system specs please

1 minute ago, Orbity said:

Its not the PSU, my friend brought over his and we tried it and had the same problom

Ok, then it has to be faulty hardware.  It could be the motherboard as I doubt the CPU is injured hehe.  Also it is not RAM,,,,, so ya the way it is looking it's the motherboard and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Finwillwin said:

Either driver, PSU, or overheating components.  GIVE US MORE DETAILS DAD!

doesent shut down in chrome or when I lower settings in a game but when I play a game with higher settings it just gives up, the only error in event viewer that isent a Dcom is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Ok, then it has to be faulty hardware.  It could be the motherboard as I doubt the CPU is injured hehe.  Also it is not RAM,,,,, so ya the way it is looking it's the motherboard and what not.

Ive contacted gigabyte and now I have to wait 4-7 business days

By any chance does anyone know why the motherboard is doing this? Is it the VRMs?

Just now, Finwillwin said:

Yeah, I would check the temperatures of everything.  It seems to be related to that.

GPU temps never have passed 68C and CPU temps never passed 67C

Just now, Orbity said:

GPU temps never have passed 68C and CPU temps never passed 67C

Man Im stumped.  I wish I could help you more....  Im pointing my finger at the motherboard but I maybe wrong.

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Man Im stumped.  I wish I could help you more....  Im pointing my finger at the motherboard but I maybe wrong.

I think its the motherboard too but thanks for your help

8 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

Either drivers or overheating components. Check your temps under load, have you overclocked any?

never overclocked