Constant GPU Crashes/Lags in CSGO

FUR1AN

Hello all,

I'm not new to the PC gaming sphere and know enough about components to do most troubleshooting on my own or with research. But lately I have been a bit stumped. CSGO is one of the main titles I play, also probably one of the least graphically demanding. That being said I have had pretty regular crashes or lags in game as of late - since doing some GPU OC tweaking. I assumed that my OC was stable for stress tests but not real game play, and backed it down to where it was originally, but that doesn't seem to impact the issue. My card is overclocked, and fully water cooled.

The lags are either full game crashes, or i'll get a frozen frame with loss of control of my player model. If the game doesn't fully crash, it will usually lag me for 5-10 seconds, before it comes out of it. Kind of at a loss for what this could be, whether hardware based, or more related to the game itself and steam. I suppose a fresh install should be the next step.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

General nerd and I work in corporate finance. Happy to help!

11 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Is it just csgo?

Ahh I haven't played another game in a while so I can't remember exactly, but I think I had similar issues with Destiny 2 as well. So that crosses out game files/steam issues related to CSGO.

1 minute ago, FUR1AN said:

Ahh I haven't played another game in a while so I can't remember exactly, but I think I had similar issues with Destiny 2 as well. So that crosses out game files/steam issues related to CSGO.

Enable the igpu and play a casual round. See if it happens. Its prob a windows issue.

11 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Enable the igpu and play a casual round. See if it happens. Its prob a windows issue.

Will do, thank you.