cpu edc 2700x

Clare

Im using ryzen master to try and stop hard crashing my edu is at 100% idle at 1.4v at 140A limit how do i lower its usage 

EDC is always at 100% for me as well no matter how high or low I set it so, that's probably not what's causing the hard crashes.

Are you trying to manually OC or is it running on auto?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

3 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

EDC is always at 100% for me as well no matter how high or low I set it so, that's probably not what's causing the hard crashes.

Are you trying to manually OC or is it running on auto?

auto i had some people say to manually set it so i did from 1.22326 to 1.3 then 1.4 

What clock speeds and temps are you hitting? Maybe it's trying to boost too high and crash.

Also, if you have a "Game mode" in the BIOS you might want to check if it's enabled or disabled.

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

What clock speeds and temps are you hitting? Maybe it's trying to boost too high and crash.

Also, if you have a "Game mode" in the BIOS you might want to check if it's enabled or disabled.

do i want this game mode check or not. 

I believe, all it does is try to boost the clocks higher so, I would set it to disabled.

One thing that makes EDC constantly sit at 100% is not having Minimum Processor State set to a value below 50%.  You can use any power plan you'd like, but Minimum Processor State must below 50%.  This allows the CPU to reach all its p-states.  

I use Ultimate Performance and 20%.

Capture.PNG

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

6 hours ago, nick name said:

One thing that makes EDC constantly sit at 100% is not having Minimum Processor State set to a value below 50%.  You can use any power plan you'd like, but Minimum Processor State must below 50%.  This allows the CPU to reach all its p-states.  

I use Ultimate Performance and 20%.

I have it set to 15% but, it's still always at 99%.

4 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

I have it set to 15% but, it's still always at 99%.

Do you manually set the voltage in BIOS?  I know on ASUS boards that will make the CPU behave as if it's overclocked in that it doesn't reach all its p-states.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case