New PC Build Won't Boot Bios- Please Help.

Go to solution Solved by D3adSku11y,

I figured out what was wrong and I feel stupid for it. My motherboard doesn’t include bios for my ryzen 2700 cpu. I didn’t do enough research. I have to use an older cpu to boot bios then install the bios update.

Can someone please help me figure out whats wrong with my system. I bought all of these new parts and my pc won't boot to bios when I turn my pc on. I have a 450 watt bt power supply from evga, gtx 1070, x370gt5-nf booster motherboard. Also my case is a deep cool matrexx 55. None of my USB ports will work on my PC. Im in desperate need of help. I have already tried resetting CMOS and using different cables but nothing seems to be working. 

7 minutes ago, D3adSku11y said:

Can someone please help me figure out whats wrong with my system. I bought all of these new parts and my pc won't boot to bios when I turn my pc on. I have a 450 watt bt power supply from evga, gtx 1070, x370gt5-nf booster motherboard. Also my case is a deep cool matrexx 55. None of my USB ports will work on my PC. Im in desperate need of help.

What exactly happens when you turn it on?

Everything lights up but i get no signal to the monitor and for some reason none of my USBs are working.

1 minute ago, D3adSku11y said:

Everything lights up but i get no signal to the monitor and for some reason none of my USBs are working.

ensure display cable in correctly monitor on ect. Ensure graphics card seated correctly and any additional power cables are plugged into the graphics card

3 minutes ago, D3adSku11y said:

Just now, Fyfey96 said:

ensure display cable in correctly monitor on ect. Ensure graphics card seated correctly and any additional power cables are plugged into the graphics card

Also, I know it sounds stupid. But make sure you plugged the HDMI/DP cable into the Graphics Card.

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Everything is connected fine do you think it might be my processor, its a risen 7 2700 and i got it from eBay. The CPU cooler has too much thermal paste on it and it went into the processor pins i had to clean that out and fix a bent pin.

Just now, D3adSku11y said:

Everything is connected fine do you think it might be my processor, its a risen 7 2700 and i got it from eBay. The CPU cooler has too much thermal paste on it and it went into the processor pins i had to clean that out and fix a bent pin.

You probably should have mentioned that in your OP. Perhaps the bent pin is the issue and even though now straight could be damaged.

I did make sure the cables were in the slot securely. Also the cooler master PSU calcualor told met get a 450 watt power supply and thats what I did do you guys think its that or my cpu. I still can't figure out why my USB ports won't work.

Do you guys think my USB ports won't work because my processor is damaged. 

I did make sure the cables were in the slot securely. Also the cooler master PSU calcualor told met get a 450 watt power supply and thats what I did do you guys think its that or my cpu. I still can't figure out why my USB ports won't work.

How would you know for sure if the USB's don't work if it's not posting? They won't work if it's not posting.  I would say it's your CPU. 

Do you guys think my USB ports won't work because my processor is damaged. 

Well... Think about it... If the pc doesn't boot. Do you think anything else will work? Sorry if that sounded rude... Just... Wow

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

I new to pc building and i don't know all of the stuff to it. I know that none of my USB ports will not work for some reason and I don't know why. Im saying could it be my processor not connecting to the USB ports. Everything else works, the fans and gpu and motherboard lights all work.

Are USB ports directly connected to the processor (not literaly) but like in a way as if processor damaged USB's won't work.

So I’m guessing if the processor doesn’t work any USB ports connected to the motherboard won’t work either.

1 minute ago, D3adSku11y said:

So I’m guessing if the processor doesn’t work any USB ports connected to the motherboard won’t work either.

That is correct. If the computer doesn't even post to the BIOS then none of your USB ports are going to work. This is because the CPU is the "brain" of the computer so it wont be able to communicate with anything else. Like @Fyfey96 said, I would say your CPU is DOA or something is wrong with it. (Bent pins or other)

I figured out what was wrong and I feel stupid for it. My motherboard doesn’t include bios for my ryzen 2700 cpu. I didn’t do enough research. I have to use an older cpu to boot bios then install the bios update.