Define mini + arc r2 sidepanel.

ibbadib

Hey!

Does anyone know if the Fractal Design Arc mini R2 sidepanel (windowed) will fit on the define mini case? If you have the case you could also just measure the length and height of the side and post it :-).

According to the specs of the cases, they are almost identical in size of the case, but I can't see anything on the sidepanel itself

I have the define mini and I kind of want a windowed sidepanel, and I don't want to cut a hole in the sidepanel.

Thanks!

Ibbadib.

I know the Define and Arc mid towers share the same chassis bar a few modifications and the different panels on the top and front and the side panels are the same on those. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were possible to put the side panel on your from the Arc mini

Going off memory from the work I've done in the define and what I've seen in the Arc R2 I would say it's the same basic chassis and you could do it, it looks like the same chassis anyhow. But in saying that I'm not as familiar with the mATX versions as I am the ATX (I've done 1 full build in the Define mini and played around with another while doing some cables for it, and haven't actually seen the Arc R2 in person) and I'm not really sure if it will work. Could be worth doing abit more research on.

I know the Define and Arc mid towers share the same chassis bar a few modifications and the different panels on the top and front and the side panels are the same on those. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were possible to put the side panel on your from the Arc mini

Going off memory from the work I've done in the define and what I've seen in the Arc R2 I would say it's the same basic chassis and you could do it, it looks like the same chassis anyhow. But in saying that I'm not as familiar with the mATX versions as I am the ATX (I've done 1 full build in the Define mini and played around with another while doing some cables for it, and haven't actually seen the Arc R2 in person) and I'm not really sure if it will work. Could be worth doing abit more research on.

Exactly... But my measurements of the define mini sidepanel are; 

Length ; 45 cm

Height ; 38 cm

:-)

Exactly... But my measurements of the define mini sidepanel are; 

Length ; 45 cm

Height ; 38 cm

:-)

I can't find anything on the dimensions of the Arc side panel or any mention of the Arc being based on the Define chassis, but from everything I can see on the two chassis' I would say that the Arc is just a modified Define mini chassis much like their ATX counterparts. That's all based on just photo comparisons though so it's not in any way a 100 percent accurate science.

If you have a look at this photo of the Arc mini

http://img.hexus.net/v2/chassis/Fractal/ArcMiniR2/MiniR2-05b.jpg

and this photo of the Define mini

http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/images/fractal-definemini/10.jpg

Alot of the features of the two are very very similar, the Arc has it's SSD mounts drilled into the motherboard tray, a different top panel and presumably front panel of the chassis itself to support those plastic panels on the outside, but the mounts for the side panels and the similarities everywhere else on the case lead me to believe they are pretty much the same thing and the panels should be interchangable. But as mentioned before I can't be 100 percent on this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I've been dying to get my hands on an Arc mini R2 forever now but they aren't really available in Aus yet so I've yet to spend hands on time with it so I can confirm these suspisions.

I can't find anything on the dimensions of the Arc side panel or any mention of the Arc being based on the Define chassis, but from everything I can see on the two chassis' I would say that the Arc is just a modified Define mini chassis much like their ATX counterparts. That's all based on just photo comparisons though so it's not in any way a 100 percent accurate science.

If you have a look at this photo of the Arc mini

http://img.hexus.net/v2/chassis/Fractal/ArcMiniR2/MiniR2-05b.jpg

and this photo of the Define mini

http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/images/fractal-definemini/10.jpg

Alot of the features of the two are very very similar, the Arc has it's SSD mounts drilled into the motherboard tray, a different top panel and presumably front panel of the chassis itself to support those plastic panels on the outside, but the mounts for the side panels and the similarities everywhere else on the case lead me to believe they are pretty much the same thing and the panels should be interchangable. But as mentioned before I can't be 100 percent on this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I've been dying to get my hands on an Arc mini R2 forever now but they aren't really available in Aus yet so I've yet to spend hands on time with it so I can confirm these suspisions.

I can't see your second picture.

But thanks anyways:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ZOMG!!!!!!! I had no idea!! Anyone know where you can buy just the windowed side panel? (US) I looked around but only found R4 panels in the uk.

**WIP** .:Main Rig:. Case: Fractal Define Arc Mini CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k (4.5GHz@1.176v) GPU: MSi R7950 TwinFrozr 3GD5 OC BE (Core:960MHz; Mem:1575MHz; 1.175v) MB: ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE RAM: 8GB(4x2) Mushkin Blackline 2133MHz PSU: Corsair AX760 Cooler: H80i w/ 2x SP120 Fans: 3x Corsair SP120; 2x Silverstone AP140 Storage: 120GB Muskin Atlas mSATA (Win7 x64)

ZOMG!!!!!!! I had no idea!! Anyone know where you can buy just the windowed side panel? (US) I looked around but only found R4 panels in the uk.

Fractal support site, they'll set you up.

I have no idea. Can't find them in Denmark either.

Fractal support site, they'll set you up.

Yeah.

Guess I'll use them next time.