SQL Access Point PC Recommendations

automizer

I am looking for any recommendations to buy or build a rig for a very specific purpose.

It is a computer that will live in a dusty manufacturing environment and will be used for accessing web based content (office.com) and an SQL based ERP Time Card GUI.

As everything is hosted either on the server in the building or on line there is a gigabit connection to the desk.

So the only requirements are it needs a gigabit port and be able to drive 2 22" monitors.

I had an early version of the intel NUC running this station up until recently when the M.2 drive packed it in.

That system over all worked well but it could have been much better.

See the picture for the desk it will end up on, it is the double stacked monitors on the far left of the desk.

Any suggestions are welcome. I am not new to building systems so that is an option but I am looking for small form factor and maybe fanless because of the dust

Desk 3.1.jpg

What is your budget. ?

if you are wanting something cheap as to not care as much if it dies due to bad conditions then just go for another NUC or something like one of these

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX7GN7489

They are fan-less and can be mounted to the back of the monitor. We use them in an office environment where I work. there are tons of different configs of them so you can pretty much pick how much performance you want. 

Budget is something around 500 if possible. I am to find something and make a case for the purchase so if its more and for good reason i can probably get approval for it.

Those Lenovo Thin Clients are neat little rigs. There are a lot of options to choose from and the fanless design is a huge bonus.

The NUC has a fan in it and I think that was one of the failure points.

Then I would go for one of the Lenovo Thin Clients like I had sent you. Maybe not the config exactly though. I had just grabbed that one fast for an example. You can get either a HDD or a smaller SSD in that price range. It does not sound like you will be storing any kind of files on this PC since everything would be remote desktop. So if that is the case I would lean towards a SSD