Micro SD test?

JenH

I recently bought a 128 gb micro SD and I'm having trouble verifying that it works (ie isn't a fake) before I load all my data onto it. I tried using h2testw, but it can't find the card when it's in my phone which is plugged into my laptop - the card shows up only as a subfolder of the phone folder somehow and I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work. What other methods are out there to test whether or not the card's a fake?

1 minute ago, JenH said:

I recently bought a 128 gb micro SD and I'm having trouble verifying that it works (ie isn't a fake) before I load all my data onto it. I tried using h2testw, but it can't find the card when it's in my phone which is plugged into my laptop - the card shows up only as a subfolder of the phone folder somehow and I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work. What other methods are out there to test whether or not the card's a fake?

do you have any kind of a ssd reader in your pc? then you could try just loading on a really big file

1 minute ago, JenH said:

In order for the test (h2testw) to work right, it has to be plugged directly into the system, not via your phone. As far as I know, so software will test SD cards plugged in like that

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.