BootLoop

Danyyyyy
> ---VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV----------<
>>*****FOOTAGE MOI IMPORTANTE : https://youtu.be/8-eDcx2pJv0*******<<<
>>*****FOOTAGE MOI IMPORTANTE : https://youtu.be/8-eDcx2pJv0*******<<<           <<< Ahoy me brother, don't look here, look at the link I posted TO THE LEFT OF YOU
              (both of them are the same link)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*things to note: This is my 2nd build EVER, so sorry if I sound like an idiot. My first build was around 4 years ago when I was 15 years old, and it's working great.*

IDK why but some stuff in the video has been slightly cropped such as the gpu spinning, but basically, I turn on the machine, led light works, cpu spins. Psu spins for 2 seconds then stops. Then after a while it does a restart of the process. Same thing repeat to eternity tilll i turn the power off in the psu button, is this a faulty psu? (I did get it off eBay...)

Or maybe it’s a faulty mobo? But if the mobo was faulty the cpu fan wouldn’t spin right? And neither the gpu? 

-------------------------------
My specs are:
* *MOTHERBOARD : Asrock am4 ab350 (ebay purchase )
**RAM : **G.SKILL Ripjaws V ddr4 2400 16 gb (2x8) silver from Newegg  ( Model F4-2400C15D-16GVS )
GPU : EVGA GTX 1050 SC (worked on my previous build so Ik it's good, gpus are too expensive for me to get a new one)
**PSU : Corsair hx 650 (ebay purchase )
NZXT phantom 410 case
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600 and stock cooler

not really supposed to cause this to happen but I'll still list :
1 TB 7200 RPM WSD HDD
1 TB 72000 RPM WSD HDD
500GB Crucial SSD
-----------------
I'm thinking : 1.The psu is probably faulty, if it stopped spinning before the rest of the components there's no doubt, also I heard these units are chirpy as hell so I'm def 100% replacing it, also seller didn't give molex cable with it which I need for case fans.
                     2. The motherboard isn't compatible with the Ryzen 5 2600 because it probably didn't come with the later bios (which the seller advertised as Ryzen 2000 ready but whatever) causing the system to infinitely loop, I much rather buy a compatible motherboard than go through a bios update with a boot kit.
                     3. The ram is trash? first off it's advertized as an INTEL XMP ready processor and on G.SKILLS QVL they only show Intel motherboards, also it was kind of hard to install into the motherboard for some reason.

**Things I'm doing right now : I just ordered the (PSU) Corsair CX 650M, and an (MOTHERBOARD) ASUS PRIME X470-PRO  , 99% alcohol and arctic silver 5 thermal paste ( because I'm gonna have to reapply cpu and cooler), they should arrive TOMORROW!.**
not sure if I should get different ram, but if I do please give me recommendations, I'd like 16-32 gb ram but it cannot exceed $200 lol.

Shower thoughts : Not sure if tomorrow I should test the psu with the old motherboard to see if the only problem was the psu, or just place both the new psu and motherboard all together.

9 minutes ago, Danyyyyy said:
 2. The motherboard isn't compatible with the Ryzen 5 2600 because it probably didn't come with the later bios (which the seller advertised as Ryzen 2000 ready but whatever) causing the system to infinitely loop, I much rather buy a compatible motherboard then go through a bios update with a boot kit.
                     3. The ram is trash? first off it's advertized as an INTEL XMP ready processor and on G.SKILLS QVL they only show Intel motherboards, also it was kind of hard to install into the motherboard for some reason.

2 is probably the case here,

then 3, test each slot and stick combination

Most Corsair power supplies have a Zero RPM mode when the power load is low enough. Your HX650 has that function. It could be that it just automatically shuts off since its a low load, seeing you have a regular 2600 and only a 1050.

The B350 motherboard might be problem, since as you addressed before it requires a BIOS update before you can slot in a 2000 series chip. The seller probably ripped the "Ryzen 2000 ready" off the product page since most 300 series motherboards can support them, but the big asterisk is that you need to update the BIOS first with a previous gen 1000 series chip.

I'm running off an Intel qualified RAM kit. I'm only at 2666Mhz compared to the advertised 3000Mhz. For your first steps you should try swapping slots or only one stick.

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

2 is probably the case here,

then 3, test each slot and stick combination

Thanks, also I'm not sure if it's a bootloop, because wouldn't a bootloop be considered "showing bios splash screen"? , it doesn't even do that, it's just black

3 minutes ago, Buyingbf_ said:

Im running off an Intel qualified RAM kit. I'm only at 2666Mhz compared to the advertised 3000Mhz. For your first steps you should try swapping slots or only one stick.

Thanks, I just hope that the new cx 650M (gray) doesn't have the zero rpm thing then, because that would be bad right?

edit: Nvm I get it, it's not bad, it's just ;  if the fan doesn't need to spin it won't but the psu will still work 

Just now, Danyyyyy said:

Thanks, I just hope that the new cx 650M (gray) doesn't have the zero rpm thing then, because that would be bad right? 

The Zero RPM function is a good thing. The power supply does not need to pull a lot of power, meaning less work and less heat. The fan would not be needed in these low-effort situations since the power supply can handle it without overheating. By turning off the fan, it preserves the bearing on your fan and helps it last longer since it's only spinning in necessary situations. However, once you go over a certain power load, maybe during a game when your CPU and GPU are pulling hard at high frequencies and high power draw, your power supply needs the fan to cool itself down.

Just now, Buyingbf_ said:

The Zero RPM function is a good thing. The power supply does not need to pull a lot of power, meaning less work and less heat. The fan would not be needed in these low-effort situations since the power supply can handle it without overheating. By turning off the fan, it preserves the bearing on your fan and helps it last longer since it's only spinning in necessary situations. However, once you go over a certain power load, maybe during a game when your CPU and GPU are pulling hard at high frequencies and high power draw, your power supply needs the fan to cool itself down.

Thank you for clarifying,** I will still replace that PSU because it didn't come with a molex connector for my case fans( and I do feel safer with a 2017 psu rather than some 2009 one)**.

Then now I'm almost certain it's issue number 2.

P.S. Is it okay if I first try two 2x8 Sticks of the same exact ram? I actually ordered 2 of these 2x8 16 gb but 1 came today and the other one came 2 days ago when I built the PC (should work regardless) few hours difference made the shipping arrive later I guess.

2 minutes ago, Danyyyyy said:

P.S. Is it okay if I first try two 2x8 Sticks of the same exact ram? I actually ordered 2 of these 2x8 16 gb but 1 came today and the other one came 2 days ago when I built the PC (should work regardless) few hours difference made the shipping arrive later I guess.

Having two of the same exact kits of RAM will most likely work, but since your motherboard is having problems it's going to be hard to find out if your RAM even works.

5 minutes ago, Buyingbf_ said:

Having two of the same exact kits of RAM will most likely work, but since your motherboard is having problems it's going to be hard to find out if your RAM even works.

Yeah I meant in the newer ASUS PRIME x470-pro that will arrive tomorrow or saturday, and if still happens I'll take them out and start with 1.

Additionally, is it okay if I hold the heatsink (CPU cooler I mean)  while putting the motherboard on the case? (I see that on a-lot of youtube videos and thats what I did, who knows maybe it messed with the cooler? but I didn't see it move or anything, just curious, and idek where else I would hold the motherboard while doing that)

Just now, Danyyyyy said:

Yeah I meant in the newer ASUS PRIME x470-pro that will arrive tomorrow or saturday, and if still happens I'll take them out and start with 1.

Yeah, your RAM kits should work fine. I myself had two 2x4GB of DDR3 back in the day, and I found out much later they were slightly different models with different timings and such lol. Worked perfectly fine, however.

Thanks, just curious because DDR4 and AM4 seems to be in a weird spot.

Also another fact about my build, all of the harddrives are brand new, no harddrive was brought from the older build (I'm giving it away to my sister who's computer-less, with my old r7 260x and it's still working right now almost as good as the gtx 1050 sc wtf?)

10 minutes ago, Danyyyyy said:

Additionally, is it okay if I hold the heatsink (CPU cooler I mean)  while putting the motherboard on the case? (I see that on a-lot of youtube videos and thats what I did, who knows maybe it messed with the cooler? but I didn't see it move or anything, just curious, and idek where else I would hold the motherboard while doing that)

Yes, it's perfectly okay to hold the heatsink while placing the motherboard into the case. Just make sure your mounts and screws are tight and correct so that the cooler doesn't slip or come off.

2 minutes ago, Buyingbf_ said:

Yes, it's perfectly okay to hold the heatsink while placing the motherboard into the case. Just make sure your mounts and screws are tight and correct so that the cooler doesn't slip or come off.

Thanks,  the cpu cooler installation was the part I was most nervous about (because people kept saying how uncomfortable it was to install) but it ended up being easier than installing the ram LOL, the ram just wouldn't get in there, had to push really hard, was afraid of breaking mobo... 

Update : PSU just arrived, motherboard will prob arrive tomorrow, I'll test it with the old mobo for the heck of it, I'm sure the mobo is the problem but I'm going to have to put the psu in anyways might as well do it today to save some time tomorrow.

but who knows maybe the motherboard does in fact have the new bios in it (which the seller said it was "Ryzen 2000 Ready" lets see if it's true) and the previous psu was just faulty.

Additionally : if the new asrock-x470 pro doesn't solve the problem and the ram testing doesn't work, I'll go with the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory - White  , I know this one works for sure with the board because I saw it in a video  , the none RGB one (Black) is much cheaper, but who knows, with this confusing ram situation it might be enough of a difference for it not to be compatible LOL.

UPDATE also reading the Arctic silver 5 manual it says to apply a vertical line for the ryzen, is that fine? why for ryzen vertical line but for other amd processors you use a dot? : http://www.arcticsilver.com/amd_application_method.html#

okay guys here's an update.

So I installed the new PSU and the process still happens, but what's weird is that the case fans aren't spinning even though the molex connector is connected to the thingy, am I doing something wrong?

EDIT*** NEW UPDATE: idk wtf did I do but now the case fans are actually spinning lol, and there's also a white light that appears inside the case that wasn't there before! feels good! also when it does the bootloop it lasts a bit longer than the other system, not sure why.

Time to replace the motherboard tomorrow!

Additionally, this time I installed the psu with the fan facing the floor, not sure it's the best idea because in my own room (not where I built the pc, I built it on solid floor), there's very thin carpet floor, but then again my old pc was installed with the fan facing down (WITH NO DUST FILTER) and it's working great! any opinions?

• **The reason I installed it with fan facing the floor was because for some reason the screws wouldn't fit in the case (the case holes were a bit small in 1 area when it faced up, but did fit the other holes. But  when facing down all screws fit in)

So I got the new motherboard, installed it today and it's working fine thankfully.
RGB lights on it are cool, case fans are spinning, my one problem is that out of the 4 rams it says N/A for the first slot in the bios (I guess DOA, I reseated it couple of times)

I can't install windows... WTF
Windows 7 none of my keyboard or mouse work but other usb devices work (external sound card thingy, usb ports thingy, usb flash drive)

and in Windows 10 it says 'No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok'. I have no idea what to do.  

8 hours ago, Buyingbf_ said:

How are you installing Windows?

I installed it with my usb drive,

I decided to burn it into my CD and it worked! I guess I had a faulty usb drive

Enjoying it right now