Windows install

DopeT11

Hi there guys,

so i have a question.I have windows 8.1 installed on my pc(non legit) and want to install windows 10.Is it possible to install windows 10 without losing all the data on my ssd and hdd drives.

Thanks for all the answers in advance.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, DopeT11 said:

Hi there guys,

so i have a question.I have windows 8.1 installed on my pc(non legit) and want to install windows 10.Is it possible to install windows 10 without losing all the data on my ssd and hdd drives.

I wish you could keep apps. & settings, I think you can in Mac OS...

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

On 1/10/2019 at 4:41 AM, DopeT11 said:

Hi there guys,

You can use a upgrade install for this.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, DopeT11 said:

Hi there guys,

Yes you can, simply download the Windows Media Creation Tool. When you run it, choose "Upgrade this PC Now" rather than "Create installation media for another PC"

Or to be on the safer side, Create the installation media first on a USB and once that's done, run the tool again and try the upgrade so if anything happens in the upgrade process that prevents you from booting you can always do a clean install.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro