Balanced PC Build?!?!

I have successfully built my first PC... on paper. Actually i'm on version 3.0 now. My intent is to make moderately budget build with an open mind for quality parts. 

I am not interested in banjo dueling GPU's, smooth 1080p gaming will be more than enough for me. I will deal with the 4k gaming mid life crisis when and if it ever arrives.

My fear is that maybe (if i'm lucky) I've found some great quality parts and solid prices. But, maybe they really don't work well together. I am officially on the AMD train, either the 2600 or the 1700x currently listed at a steep discount on PC Parts Picker. RAM seems to be merely a question of speed. I appreciate the price point of the MSI RX 570 8GB. And my choice of SSD is meh.

My biggest trouble is deciding which motherboad I need to grab. The idea of Overclocking doesn't scare me in the least and is a plus for AMD. But with the graphics card i'm looking at, will it even been necessary? And based on the "planned" GPU bottleneck do I even need to splurge on the DDR4-3200 RAM.

Quite frankly I would rather update my PC in 2-3 years with a new GPU, RAM and even CPU cooler in preparation for "then justifiable" overclocking. Am I on the right path? Should I hit the eject button? What keywords should I be looking for when researching motherboards? Does the ATX Mini space provide more quality parts per dollar? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share your wisdom.

Component   Selection Price  
CPU   $164.99 Buy
Motherboard   $104.99 Buy
Memory   $109.99 Buy
Storage   $77.99 Buy
Video Card   $154.99 Buy
Case   $65.98 Buy
Power Supply   $59.99 Buy
Total: $738.92

LTT Admins, I love the show, but would it be worth while to add a general PC Build to your Computer Hardware topics. I wasn't really sure where to post my questions. Thanks.

First build, nothing to see here...

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory STORAGE: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + Crucial MX500 500GB 

GRAPHICS: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Edition OC+ CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400S POWER: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W Bronze Fully Modular

we have new builds and planning for that...

i would choose the 2600

a b450 pro 4, tomahawk, fatal1ty or pro carbon

or a x470 fatal1ty, taichi or taichi ultimat

for the ram just get a kit of 3000 mhz ram and you'll be fine

would rather get a 860 evo or mx500

armor coolers at pascal and rx500 were horrible, and the value of a 580 is much better. get a different design 580 i would say

look into the focus g

750 is overkill, 450 would be enough

looks good to me, if you are worried about CPU OCs / upgrades I would get a Taichi which is X470 otherwise B series are fine for a 2600 especially since you will be thermally limited without a cooler .

11 minutes ago, Swes said:

looks good to me, if you are worried about CPU OCs / upgrades I would get a Taichi which is X470 otherwise B series are fine for a 2600 especially since you will be thermally limited without a cooler .

taichi might be a bit overkill here... fatal1ty would be more than enough

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

taichi might be a bit overkill here... fatal1ty would be more than enough

I agree but thats exactly why i suggest it becasue it gives you the option to 8 even 10-12 core if they come out and OC as hard as you want. But i do like the fatality too

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

we have new builds and planning for that...

i would choose the 2600

a b450 pro 4, tomahawk, fatal1ty or pro carbon

or a x470 fatal1ty, taichi or taichi ultimat

for the ram just get a kit of 3000 mhz ram and you'll be fine

would rather get a 860 evo or mx500

armor coolers at pascal and rx500 were horrible, and the value of a 580 is much better. get a different design 580 i would say

look into the focus g

750 is overkill, 450 would be enough

I literally open my web again and immediately saw the builds and planning section. Thank you for correcting me.

I am not familiar with the fatal1ty or taichi motherboards. I will take a close look at them.

I have seen the Crucial MX500 pop up several times in reviews and builds. Is there a justifiable reason to go with the 860 EVO price tag? Aside from the Big S manufacturer. There there a benefit to non-nvme M.2 SSDs?

Yes, I keep gravitating to cheap graphics card... but what about the XFX RX 580

Thanks for your tips and info.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory STORAGE: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + Crucial MX500 500GB 

GRAPHICS: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Edition OC+ CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400S POWER: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W Bronze Fully Modular

3 hours ago, EternalSunKing said:

I literally open my web again and immediately saw the builds and planning section. Thank you for correcting me.

I am not familiar with the fatal1ty or taichi motherboards. I will take a close look at them.

I have seen the Crucial MX500 pop up several times in reviews and builds. Is there a justifiable reason to go with the 860 EVO price tag? Aside from the Big S manufacturer. There there a benefit to non-nvme M.2 SSDs?

Yes, I keep gravitating to cheap graphics card... but what about the XFX RX 580

Thanks for your tips and info.

fatal1ty and taichi (ultimate) are the best motherboards on x470 to overock

the mx500 and 860 evo are about the same performencewise because they fully use the sata bandwidth. just get the cheapest of the two

btw, crucial is micron, so not a small against a big one, it's big against a big on

the 580 is a card you should definitely take a look at considering the price

Edited by LukeSavenije

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

fatal1ty and taichi (ultimate) are the best motherboards on x470 to overock

the mx500 and 860 evo are about the same performencewise because they fully use the sata bandwidth. just get the cheapest of the two

btw, crucial is micron, so not a small against a big one, it's big against a big on

the 580 is a card you should definitely take a look at considering the price

Youtube has been a big fan of me over the last few hours... First off, the Crucial MX500 SSD 2.5" seems to the sensible pick for storage.

I found a stream called "Tech Deals" which runs the same Ryzen 5 w/ RX 580 setup. GPU Bottleneck with the CPU topping out around 60% on AAA games at High (not Ultra High) settings. [note for insomniacs, Tech Deals videos will CURE your ailments on the very first video]

I'm pretty impressed by extra CPU room while using the stock cooler. Honestly makes over clocking an after thought right now. It simply wouldn't be needed for several years and I'm fine with that. That pretty much kicks Fatal1ty and Taichi out the window, but they are nice mobos.

But you did sell me on the RX 580 8GB. Currently toying with the XFX RX 580 and the Gigabyte GV RX 580 Gaming. I'm going to keep tinkering or mobos and see if i want a perk like wifi or not (yes I know, Ethernet is King)

i would still get a mobo with some good vrms, the fatal1ty might be overkill, but the tomahawk and pro4 are great examples

btw, the xfx is better than the gigabyte