HI, so I was wondering if the ASUS Z390-E was a good mid range option. I am going to pair it with the 9700K and I want to oc it to 4.9ghz on all cores. Ive read somewhere that the vrms are trash and that they are 4+2 and not 8 phase or something like that and he said u won't be able to do any overlocking with those vrm's so I need some clarification thanks.

I definitely wouldn't call it trash. As far as overclocking goes you are correct. 4+2 probably isn't the best choice given your goal. I would look at a Gigabyre Z390 Aorus Ultra. Exact same price but with a 12+1 VRM solution.

Just now, JasonBecker said:

I definitely wouldn't call it trash. As far as overclocking goes you are correct. 4+2 probably isn't the best choice given your goal. I would look at a Gigabyre Z390 Aorus Ultra. Exact same price but with a 12+1 VRM solution.

actually im on a tight budget and on newegg.ca thats 80 dollars more so I cant afford it. Will it run stock stable though?

3 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

actually im on a tight budget and on newegg.ca thats 80 dollars more so I cant afford it. Will it run stock stable though?

well, it will, but there are better options. what about the aorus pro and elite?

5 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

Yeah. The only problem is heat, remember that. if the VRM runs hot (I hope it has a heatsink on it), just put a fan directly on top of it so it has cooling.. easy to do if you run AIO water cooling (easier to get to the VRMs that way) 

5 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

Sorry about that. I was looking at pricing on Amazon.com. Yes that board you suggested would do just fine at stock. I found this one https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145091. Gigabytes site literally says "Whether you're an overclocking enthusiast or an avid gamer, you can be sure that AORUS Z390 motherboards are capable of pushing 5GHz+ across all cores. "