Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MSI burnt RGB header

Vorga

I have a MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard. Today when I was build my first pc I accidently connected one of the 3 pin led fans to 4 pin RGB port. And as soon as I pressed power button, there was a spark from that RGB port and a burnt smell came out of the pc. And when I checked the fan pin, it was half way out. Now as far as I know, everything else is working fine. I can enter the BIOS and can see all of the components. But I was wondering if I should take my motherboard to MSI's technical service for repair. If, only that port has been damaged during this incident, I am fine with one less fan port on my motherboard. However, if this has a chance to harm other components in the long run, I should take it to the service. What should I do?

RGB header looks like this now: https://imgur.com/a/01VAIVi

RMA, it's new, it should be perfect. It's not your fault that, although you did NOTHING wrong and connected EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, the board malfunctions. Thanks god nobody DIED because of the possible fire hazard. 

I am not encouraging you to be a bad human and lie to the manufacturer, just saying what other humans might do....